Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Arrived

I am in Kenya at long last. The flights were amazing. I had a three row to myself and the other flight had a seat between me and a very quiet woman. I slept three times on each flight! We had a hotel room instead of waiting through a 12 hr layover.
When I was getting my luggage, a man came up asking to see inside a bag. He questioned me, " what do you have inside- show me, Do you have drugs in that suitcase? " i explained it was only books. He had no badge so I asked him to show me one. He stalled but I insisted. Oops-- he did have one, so I opened my case. No drugs.
Well, that threw me off and I grabbed my other one and headed out. I remembered to get the two bags with items for our community--- and forgot my personal case with underwear and clothing! Eeek!!
I didnt realize it until I was in my hotel room ( which has a blow dryer and a fan -- woohoo!) and poor Frank was dispatched to retrieve it for me. What a stupid mistake. And he hasn't slept like I have!! I sure appreciate him. He just texted me to say, "Got it!" big sigh of relief. At least I remembered to lock that one!
Stephanie Rivers
Trinity Global Development
100% of your donation goes to
Kenya! http://www.tgdonline.com/
http://www.texasrivers.blogspot.com/

No comments: