Thursday, December 15, 2011

Scroll down for pics of Ed.....here is a Dec 5th report from Lawrence. Praise God!

As we see the rising of the sun and the falling of the same is a great reason to thank the almighty God. He has been faithful. The sponsored children have experienced a season of total transformation in their life this year; God has remembered them in every angle. As we marked the Friday events with great joy, some of the children have a reason to smile because they are getting to study computer. We had this plan as a team and requested the children to begin their lessons this Monday. Personally I begun studying computer when I joined TGD last year, so when I look at the way TGD has expanded until we have more machines to handle even our children as a blessing beyond description and the privilege the children have to explore the computer world an a great opportunity to them.


Dianah, Evangeline, Cythiah, Fridah and Gladys began lessons today. I offered myself to take them through this holiday computer training because this burden to have them learn computers has been in my heart for a long time and its fulfillment is great joy to my heart. We dealt with introduction to computers together. I am using a course book that is suitable for them and with simplified concepts that they can understand. They have shown great interest to learn more. I also introduced Dianah, Evangeline and Cythiah to typing tutor (mavis beacon), I was excited because Dianah begun with a typing speed of 10 words per minute followed by Evangeline who had 8 words per minute and Cynthiah was at 5 words. This encourages me to put in more efforts to give them the best. More will be joining others to go through this computer lessons. The children will be coming 3 or 4 days a week depending on the schedule that we shall lay.

Oscar had also requested me to take his student through Microsoft Publisher. When I finished with our children I began the lesson with the students. I intend to take then through this training until they are well equipped in publisher.

Blessings.

No comments: