Monday, November 11, 2013

Wonderful Brunch and Reception

okay, i don't have any pictures--so you have to trust me--but I went to two beautiful events this weekend. the McGinnis clan did an excellent job again and I barely made it due to an extreme out-of-the-blue tummy attack. Very embarrassing. Then I made it anyway, and everyone had that look, "Are you OKAYYYY?????" ah-hem. "I'm fine!" smile.
But then truly, I WAS fine! I don't know what to say except that either God just did a couple of miracles for me (and I do wish He would have extended that 'fine-ness' to the other hours of those four days Friday through Monday,) or that somehow the distraction managed to keep my mind off my discomfort. I don't know. But I did enjoy myself immensely and wanted to share it here.
One thing I wanted my blog readers to see was the most adorable little party favor I received at Karen's home for the brunch, referred to as the "Cousin's Brunch" which was for those females in the extended McGinnis-Copelin family.

http://www.studiooh.com/default/product_list.php?part_idx=347

check out those adorable little recipe cards! I went straight to the web when I got home to see where I could get a few of these as sweet gifts, too. TOO BAD! I only got the list of where I MIGHT be able to buy them because I can't buy them directly. oh well.

I WILL add photos when Laura gets some to me.

The brunch was at the home of Wayne and Karen. Wayne is Janis' brother. Janis is the baby. So Julie must be the middle. Janis (and Mike) has Elaine, Adam, Michael and Andrew. Then Wayne has Julie and another J daughter. Julie (the sister of Janis) has three daughters. I think Lindsay is the oldest, then a middle, then Popper--or Lynn-Holly. She is named after the actress who played in the movie, "Ice Castles." 

I was thinking that poor Janis has to absorb three new DAUGHTERS as her in laws when her boys marry. And daughters are just more difficult than sons, therefore, I figured I had it easier and I am most pleased with the daughter who joined our family--Myranda, Kevin's wife. But I was wrong about Janis perhaps finding herself unprepared because she raised her children with Julie's girls--and Julie felt like Janis' boys were her own--so both of them will do great with their new additions.

The McGinnis and Copelin clans are wonderful and engaging and beautiful and fun. Tutu is the love name for the Grandpa, Robert or Bob McGinnis, who just lost his wife when she went home to Jesus just about a month ago after 66 years together--he is 88, so he was with her for 75% of his life. I enjoyed talking with him as his mind is good and he is just charming. It gave me some focus so that I didn't feel overwhelmed with all those PEOPLE! yikes! (You know, I always mean to be loving, but faced with a crowd, I just shrink back and try to smile.) Now I wish I had also taken another moment to meet Janis' mom, she was delightful, too! I greeted her respectfully, but her smile was so warm and genuine and she looked me in the eye. It was a sweet connection. I like her already.

I got to officially meet the siblings of Mike McGinnis (Laura's new father in law.) Mike is the oldest, then Kevin, then Erin, then Beth. I also know Brenda is married to Terry, Brenda is the sister of Karen. Brenda told me she is Laura's new favorite aunt. :-)

I am going to write out a family tree to get all these guys down. Then I met several of the children, who are all beautiful and vibrant. They are a close knit family and I am so happy for Laura because her children will identify with all that love and community in their genes. Yay for my grandbabies! whenever hers arrive, anyway.

Now I didn't get to all the great details of the Reception! I will add that, too. There will be photos. I assure you--I will get some photos!

No comments: