Saturday, November 14, 2009

supplies needed for Kenya

We've signed up with Medical Bridges hoping to transport a giant packing crate full of medical equipment to Kenya. The building materials arrived and work commenced!

Some of the medical supplies that can be purchased from a drug store or requested from your health care provider include:

Sterile and non-sterile gloves
guaze pads
band aids
chux pads
adult or child disposable diapers
individual alcohol pads
KY Jelly
Neosporin
Bactine
Hydrocortisone
Ointment for burns
Prenatal vitamins
multivitamins
Iron
Quinine


I went to a libraries of love Uganda fund raiser last night. she had pokie joes and people brought desserts. People made Tea and lemonade.



someone had donated several things from one of those home decorator to do silent auction. Then a cool thing was how she had several restaurants donating $25 gift certificates!
Like
Chili's
Red Lobster
Cinemark
Tokyo Steakhouse
Pei Wei

and I was thinking maybe I could also ask
Pappadeaux
Eddie Vs
Trulucks
Treehouse
Macaroni Grill
Olive Garden


and I'd like to make a prewritten thankyou and take it to them. it would work for their tax purposes and I'd fill in the amount of the gift. People could buy raffle tickets to bid on them. then we'd pull from the bag and award the certificates.

I saw it done there and it looks manageable.

I feel so stretched! I'm always doing these odd and weird things.
but I can do it! I can do it for Jesus and his love for those Kenyan children.

we are changing the world!
it is so rewarding.
i praise God every day.
when my mood sinks,
I think about Him and the work He is doing.
i'm grateful to be a part of His Kingdom.

No comments: