Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Dr. Kennedy, Rose and Titus


I am so thankful for these three! May the Lord bless them abundantly. Without Titus, we would not know where or how to work in Kenya. Without Dr. Kennedy, we would not be able to move forward on the medical clinic. I cannot help but want to live my dreams of serving others through the gospel, education and medical care. I am always amazed that I have the crazy privilege of doing these things for Jesus.
Dr. Kennedy will help us acquire anything we need for the medical clinic. He runs a hospital in the Kakamega area somewhere between Kakamega and Kisumu. He runs his own private clinic in town. He was able to quickly provide medicine when I was so ill. He gave me some kind of anti-spasmodic for the intestines---what a gift! what a relief! It was a painful illness and his knowledge and availability made everything run smoothly (oh that is a pun, ugh.)

I am so eager to stay in the villages with the people. Even Titus is staying in villages lately to get to know the people more and to love others.
I want to stay in the Ebulechia area. I don't know what all I will need. Water and Toilet paper, for sure.
Beano? I'm not used to eating beans but it is a common meal there.
My medicine's, sunscreen, hair covers since I will get so yucky. I have to wash my hair every day at home. and then my color will be growing out ridiculously by the end of 8 weeks. But Old Navy had wraps for under $10, which means I could purchase many and then I can leave them as gifts when I go. The women love head wraps and scarves. In this photo of 11 women, there are only five with head wraps. But it is beautiful to see all the color in the clothing when I am there. I am not one to wear colors because I feel so fat in colors, but in Kenya, it means you are prosperous---so I get to be fat. so I can wear colors! yay! Another gift from Jesus.

No comments: