Saturday, January 08, 2011

Lately

Working for TGD has been such a joy this last month. With the orphans getting supplies, I can't express the joy of it. The team members are just loving it, too. What joy to see the faces of these children! My Kenyan team is PUMPED! and I think it is truly fun to just go buy all these great things, important things, and be part of the shopping and giving.

They've made videos and I've favorited some on myYouTube account.

Steve tells me of someone who is interested in doing more for the orphans. I am so excited! I pray I can represent them well.
and I have the great joy of sharing a teaching on Love Languages with a group of moms. and I pray I represent TGD well there, too. I suppose I am most interested in representing Jesus and the eternal value of loving others, however, and TGD promotion takes a back seat.

I am just not a marketing girl. Oh I was so discouraged this summer. Donations went WAY down right when we were in crazy need. It was a humbling time, a low time, a time of waiting and worrying and trying not to worry and worrying a little more and trying not to cry. I was looking in faith at Jesus and I was trusting Him, knowing that time would pass and it would be a memory---SURE ENOUGH! Time has passed and all worked out eventually. We have recovered from the costs and looking back over the year, people were VERY generous. God was really moving on hearts and people were responding and joining Him in this work. What a blessing!

At Christmas, my hands burned with pain. I went to the doctor and he said Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I have had to cut back so much typing! I have not been able to write! and when you are in pain....well....you can't think. But I have been able to cry out to the Lord. Not good prayer but good dependence.

I'm in Houston now, planning my daughter's wedding in July. It's a great joy. What a difference between her life and those in Kenya. Oh I thank the donors for making those children feel like the bride of Christ. Hallelujah!

No comments: