Saturday, February 26, 2011

Ephraim Favour Adungosi Feb 24-Feb26 2011

This beautiful young man was born to Cynthia and Frank Adungosi and he was loved in his short life. Who is to say what impact such a short life can have? and yet God was pleased to bring him into the world. We grieve that he could not stay longer and learn of his family with his natural earthly mind. His mother mourns with empty arms, the father cannot make the pain go away. Their good living, their good health, their quick action, their nourishing food, could not keep him here. I am so grieved and sad! I have loved this baby before I met him. I have prayed for him in the womb. I have delighted with his parents over his soon coming. I have prayed blessings for his health, safety and long life in Jesus. Now the unbelievable has happened. and I cannot even go to their side. They will have to bury their newborn son and with what money? They will pay the hospital bill for the birth and emergency visit--with what funds? Life is Kenya is harsh and relentless. The people struggle under so great a burden. Here this moment was one of celebration....and now we say goodbye to the beautiful little soul I never got to connect with personally. All their hopes and dreams for him have to rest in Jesus and their only comfort is his better life. But we wanted him here. They wanted him to grow with his brother Ethan. They wanted him to get an education, learn and live for Jesus, take a wife, have a child of his own, bless others with his generosity and wisdom and compassion.
It has that shock of the impossible. I know babies die all over the world. but this is not some baby, this is little Ephraim. These are my friends. This is my family. I grieve and cry out to the Lord to comfort them. To comfort His people. To hear their cry and have mercy on them. To send them some relief. My God is an awesome God and He will encourage them. He will stand with them forever. He is their glory and the lifter of their head. He is their redeemer and He has forgiven their sins and brought them into eternal life. They will share their joy with Ephraim on another day. But today we mourn with them as they do the hard work of burial preparations. Remember Frank and Cynthia. Remember them in their time of need.

No comments: