Sunday, February 06, 2011

Jane-Oh the goodness of God!

I was in church today and we were singing something to Jesus. I saw a vision in my minds eye. I was in Kenya but a man came up to me, so grateful. He was Asian, which is not accurate for Kenya, but that's how it looked. He came with smiling eyes and joy and energy and holding both my hands in a handshake and shaking up and down and sort of bowing so happily straight into my face. I knew in that moment that he had such inexpressible gratitude, the kind that makes you want to do anything for another person because they have saved your life. I threw back my head in a wide loud laugh and let go to raise both my hands to heaven rejoicing in the Father. I twirled like a child, laughing with my hands up to the Father for the joy He had brought to this family! and it was as if sparkles of love and joy were all around as this man and i basked in the joy and happiness of the Lord. So expansive! So beautiful! So energizing! So real!  Tears were steaming down my face and I stood there in the dark with the worship music loudly playing and the people all standing around me and I just gloried in the Lord. Just gloried in Him! His goodness! His mercy! His beauty! (then I started thinking...oh my goodness, is my mascara running? Do I have a tissue? Do I have germs on my hands from handshaking or can I rub my eyes? ha ha--just thought I'd give you the full picture.)
I composed myself feeling a bit detached but sort of washed clean and peaceful. The message was on the Kingdom of God. How God wants us to display the Kingdom of God. Jesus has come and He said, Repent and Believe! and now He calls us to go out and show what it means to let the Lord rule in your life and show how it affects the way you treat others and the way you act in the world. I knew God had told me, The Kingdom of God has come! and I knew it has come to these orphans! Thanks to the donors who are giving to these children, they taste and see that the Lord is good. The actions that accompany the donors profession of faith show these children that God is moving on hearts of others far away to accomplish something for them that might not have been possible. Jane may have perished in the day school. Her intellect and drive pushed down with discouragement and despair and lack--but yesterday she couldn't believe what blessing had come her way--she was walking as in a dream. She had not eaten for two days from worry and desire--hoping, praying, "Will someone hear and help?" and someone said yes (six people actually responded quickly.)  HER ENTIRE LIFE CHANGES RIGHT THERE. It is like a miracle. Truly. and God is glorified. One who has been left alone has been cared for with love and ABUNDANCE. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Precious! Amazing God in the way He moves on our hearts.