Thursday, May 05, 2011

Made the move

Ok, so we are really not in Texas anymore. I still have no computer set up - so I am texting on steves iPad. Tap tap tap with my pointer finger.
Penelope pooped on the rug again. I try to tell myself that God wants to mold my character yet I have a very hard time with poop in the house. At least the weather is nice and she can go out many times a day. We have a giant yard-- like an acre of lush grass , but no fence and dogs all around! They have the "invisible fence" system here but Penelope is rude. I cant trust her to stay in boundaries! This little dog has very poor character-- but she is so cute. She is just openly greedy or manipulative. We can't tell her that she is not fooling anyone. She does obey, though--- mostly. Not with the poop.

Anyway, my house in Texas sells tomorrow and I am so happy for the new owners getting such an awesome house!! I have a pretty cool new house here. All the interior doors are wood! they used flat paint on the walls though and I am not a fan. I like semi-gloss. I don't want to paint after painting all of the Texas house, but....my bedroom walls are slate and my bedroom rug is light blue and caramel. Paint is cheaper to change!

A big thank you to the Godwins and Pilands for getting me out of a bind with extra stuff in the house. Muchas gracious! Asante sana! Thank you so much!

Today I went to the Barrington village municipal building to set up trash removal. One woman dismissed me with a wave-- that's LAKE Barrington! End of conversation. Thankfully, another woman saw my bewilderment and told me I needed to go elsewhere. She gave me an address which I put into my IPhone. I drove there and it said "village of North Barrington." an ominous sign, but I sheepishly inquired. Nope. Still needed LAKE Barrington....just down the road. Um...ok. So I drove there nearly missing it.
Well....this had to be it. What? No? The nice lady tells me I am in the Cuba township.
Hmmm. Cuba? Is that in our country? Do you have the number?
I called.
Oh...I am in the unincorporated part. This one asks me, "Who do your neighbors sue for trash?"
I am new. My neighbors have not come near me (wisely.) so then she gives me the number to Waste Management. I call them to see if they service my street. No. "is there anything else I can help you with today?" ( I could give her a list if she means it.) "No, thank you." My stomach starts to hurt a bit .... because I am so kind although it's not true Holy Spirit fruit. Rather, I am faking it to spare others from the effects of my weakness and sin. So I called Steve. It was difficult to believe I did all that work and accomplished zero. Death to flesh perhaps. Steve emailed the seller who gave us the info. Grout. That's who picks up our trash. Tomorrow I contact grout. I want to be ready to overcome anything..... Tomorrow.

No comments: