Monday, August 01, 2011

Victoria and Albert Museum

Now i have so many things on my mind. I wrote Frank in Kenya and wrote Sarah/Brenda about precious Lily cat needs to have her final nap. I am in the room by myself while Steve does Very Important Things. and then I found that Susan had taken a fabulous photo of me and Steve kissing at Laura's wedding. (THANK YOU SUSAN!!) I saved it off to Steve's computer and loaded it up here. Happy Me!
Then, i've been hearing all these Londoner's speaking. Nicole has discovered the delicious cinnamon bear, but Sarah tells me they are so sticky on teeth that they've not eaten many of them.

Today was the Museum. We've gone to it before, but it is such an amazing place that you wear out before you can take it all in. We did the medieval area, of course. But we have just been to Germany and I've watched the movie "LUTHER" on my ipod, and then going to St. Martin's----I'm just full of Jesus in a ceremonious way. I long for the structure and beauty and form of worship where you sit and kneel and stand. where there are symbols and processionals. I learned just today that the reason the catholics have that censor of incense is to create an atmosphere of the tangible presence of God. Oh that's lovely.
His presence is ALWAYS with us. Read Psalm 139--you cannot flee from God! There is no place without Him! and then He is holding all things together. Now God is not the tree. God made the tree and He holds the tree together. He holds the universe together and He manifests Himself to us. Oh that the God who created a vast universe would pierce my consciousness and SPEAK! I love Him.
To see all these elaborate articles of worship and these beautiful tapestries that have been created by someone somewhere who treasured Christ. There were these beautiful panels which depicted parts of the book of Revelation. I stopped and marveled and noticed the audio headset there. I picked it up and got an interpretation of the scenes. There was also chants unto God, beautiful singing and the interpretation. I was transported. When I saw some works lovingly made --religious articles, true, but some of those artists LOVED HIM. And they glorified Him in their work and there I was standing looking at it and someday I may meet them and say, "I saw what you made and I worshipped God there."
There is so much more to say, but now that I've written that, everything else seems silly. Worthy is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

No comments: