Friday, January 20, 2012

How did the Lord lead Erick? Here is his report....







I am very glad to release this report to you on behave of the beneficiaries. First, when I got that I was one of those given an opportunity to get some money and use it on charitable ground, I was so happy because I knew that God has a purpose in life to use me as a vessel to help others. I took my time to pray and think about what to use the money for, (50 dollars) but God led and directed me to use it as follows:


1. 1. I bought a school uniform at a cost of 6.41 dollars for Brian Muchesa, who is in grade 8 at Ebuchinga primary school.

2. 2. I also bought school uniform for Edith omuronji a grade 7 pupil at Ebuchinga primary school, which costs 8.05 dollars.

3. 3. I paid 6.41 dollars for Lucy who started her studies in an informal school (Nursery).

4. 4. I bought a chicken for Caren that costs 7.41 dollars (She is in grade 1).

5. 5. I also bought a chicken costing 8.333 dollars for Everline (who is in an informal school, Nursery).

6. 6. I bought another chicken at 8.333 dollars for Albert who is in grade 1.

7. 7. I used 3 dollars to buy some drugs for Lucy who has a nutritional problem and had to source out some medicine as prescribed by her doctor.

Lucy is a sister to Caren, the two are adopted, their father is not known and even any story about him is not heard. Their father got lost from the days of post election violence in the year 2007. Their mother is not caring and also, she is not staying close to her children, because of this, Caren and Lucy are despised in the community and looked upon as unworthy kids. Caren is the elder sister with seven years and she is in grade one at cornerstone informal school. Her sister Lucy has attained 5 years which is a good age to start her studies but financial disabilities of the guardian stuck the entire program. Their Guardian told me that she saw the need to stay with the children because of their problems; she said that she used to see them homeless and at times they missed something to eat and even a place to stay.

When I visited them, Lucy was unwell; her doctor said that she was suffering from nutritional issue which could have been caused by either list or luck of certain kind of food. Due to this illness, I bought some drugs for her which she is still taking to date. However, after hearing their story, I was touched and filled with sympathy. In my conversation with Lucy I asked her if she was willing to go to school and she happily said she desired to learn. I therefore took her to school and paid some money for her start. I also went back to the school after 3 days to confirm her progress; her teacher said that she is active and participative during lessons. I thereafter bought a chicken for her sister Caren so that the chicken’s products like eggs and the chicks can be of a great benefit to them. However, Caren received her chicken warmly and happily; she even goes ahead and carries her chicken on the legs like a baby showing her love to the chicken. Their guardian said that she had nothing to give me and Mama Stephanie apart from great thanks that come from her inner most part of heart. In return, I told her that she should thank God who provides for the sponsors.

Their Guardian was so happy and she referred to the help as a savior, she said that she is literally relived from a burden that she wasn’t sure if she will manage. The Guardian therefore said that her thanks should reach Mama Stephanie and God. Last but not list, their Guardian said that it is hectic for her to fully reach the needs of her family i: e her six children and the two adopted children, but she says that the lord shall help her in curing her burden. I encouraged her from the book of Psalms 125:1…which says: Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which can never be shaken, never be moved. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds His people now and for ever. The wicked will not always rule over the land of the righteous; if they did, the righteous themselves might do evil. LORD do good to those who are good, to those who obey your commands……

Brian Muchesa and Edith Omuronji are under same parenthood; Brian is in grade 8 while Edith is in grade 7. All are learning at Ebuchinga primary school. Their parents are not well of as far as the finance is concerned. Their father is drunkard so their main support comes from their mother. Their house caught on fire and their school facilities such as uniforms, books, shoes geometrical set, rulers and bags were burned in the fire. This has been a big problem to their parents because the family is poor, and this forces their mother to strive in life for the well being of her family. She carries out some menial activities to make sure that the family gets a daily meal; the parent says that, she finds it a big problem getting some family needs like medical care, clothing, and education among others. This sorrowful scene made me fill like; it is better if school uniforms can be bought for her children. The two children rejoices and says, glory be to God!! for their new uniforms. In their speech, they said that they did not expect such miracle in life; however, I told them that what God can do; no man can oppose and that what God can stop; no man can proceed. God opened their blessings and no man can close the door. In addition to this, therefore, they said that their sponsor should be thanked so much.

Albert and Everline Abura are twins, they lost their dad when young, they also have other two brothers who are elder and stay together under their mother’s care (their mother is called Christine). Albert and Everline are in grade Nursery at cornerstone informal school. As usual, most of the time widows are despised and therefore she is seen in society as an inferior person whose work is to become the community’s slavery by adhering and doing all that the community demands. She says that she always prays to God so as to get her daily meal and get out of this kind of prison life. She carries out a small business of selling maize which from it, she gets something to feed the family. I chose to buy chickens for them so that they can be feeding on the eggs and at times chicken’s meat after the project expanding. The children are very happy for the project and they say that they will take care of their chicken no mater any circumstance. I encouraged their mother, Christine so much; I told her that God cannot live His own people and that God is the father of orphans and the husband of Widows. I also told her to carefully look at everything God has done in her life and she also agreed with me that God is able, caring, loving powerful. I dedicated to her the book of psalms 123:1……: which says: Lord, I look up to you, up to Heaven, where you rule. As a servant depends on his master, as a maid depends on her mistress, so we will keep looking to you, O LORD our God, until you have mercy on us………

No comments: