Wednesday, April 25, 2012

last day in India

well, i should have gone shopping but I didn't want to go shopping. I would have liked to learn more about what it means to a hindu to live day in and day out. Or for a Christian amongst Hindus. What are their worldviews? How do they explain disasters or injury or sickness? What does a Hindu do to appease God and what does good behavior mean? Who sets the standards? How many gods do you need to follow to "get it right?" How do they think we came into being? What do they think of other religions?

now what are the chances of someone speaking to me about such things. Particularly when those whom I am in contact with are Steve's employees. Perhaps they could fear they would encroach upon sacred ground improperly or something, I don't know.

and I wanted to see Steve write on a white board and explain the organization or the architechture (spell?) arcitecture, no. anyway, the skeleton of the programs they are working on. the bones of it. the forms of it. I like to watch him explaining that to people. they never expect someone high up like him to know so much about it, but he's a programmer at heart. (an ambitious one.)

so I think I will have to go back to the hotel and wait it out until we get ready for our flight. George, who is also here, has a take off time of 4am!!! good heavens! it is an hour to the airport. he won't get any sleep tonight. that makes for some hard hard flights. and he doesn't sleep well on flights. We take off at 6am, so we are just behind him, but we may have a tiny snooze first. so I think I should just go back. My hope was to do email and to write to my beautiful donors who are so gracious and loyal and i am so blessed!! I come here and I see the poor people and I think, Oh God you love them so much! and I know He is sending out His love through people one way or another. I want to be a part of that.

well, it won't be so much this time, but I am planning on next time.

I just had a FABULOUS samosa, though. It was onion and corn and so delicious that I am sure to crave it until I return. I've had some great food here. I am blessed. God has put us in a good place.

I pray we all get sleep on flights home! International flights are hard on the flesh. But what a privilege! I'm glad to be born in this era.

No comments: