Wednesday, May 30, 2012

okay, so not everyone smiles when we come bearing gifts....

Here is my little namesake, Baby Stephanie. Hasn't she gotten big? She looks a bit grouchy here but I am sure she loved her new green dress and her little bunny toy.
Thanks to Mama Medine and her church---- Pastor Bernard and his wife, Rose, got a new roof when the heavy rains flooded them out a couple years ago. Their roof and a whole wall caved in and they had no where to stay. Mama Medine had come with me. She is my mentor and role model as a missionary who was obedient to her husband and did not begin going to the nations until she was over 50!! (That's after being called of God at age 8.) What a delight! Her loving gift was somehow accorded to me and Pastor Bernard praised God that his family was remembered in their time of disaster.

 I first came with Mama Anita and Bwana Ed (Mzee?!)  He was my Pastor from 1988 who faithfully taught me to rely on (AND DO) the Word of God and Anita was another mentor and role model as a wife and loving mother. She also has prompted a couple of Baby Anita's. Thanks to our loving and thankful Christian family in Kenya who rejoice when we come and just bless us so much! May all our families be blessed in Jesus Christ forever and ever, to His Glory, Amen. 

1 comment:

Christa Horst said...

This picture makes me smile because this cutie would not smile! Even Ethan eventually smiled (but didn't open his eyes)! Hee hee!