Sunday, October 13, 2013

fun idea

If I were really crafty--which I am not--then I would make Christmas ornaments for about 60 donors! It would be fun to make felt animals like cows, sheep, chickens, goats, and ducks. Even giraffes, zebras, lions, rhinos, and baboons--you see those in Kenya.

I would like to make ornaments in the shape of the African continent. I love globes with maps of the earth. (I love maps!)

I am going to make very simple ornaments like I did for the Angel Tree at Grace which Christa manned with the help of some of the saints. I have the pictures from David (PRAISE GOD AND THANK YOU!) Headshots from the last distribution day, but I did not send those out--I sent out the photos which included their supply or their sweaters or the gardening. (Still sending those out. Almost done.)

I want to make stickers for the back that say something about your child. I LOVE THESE CHILDREN! I have such particular feelings for each one. Hopes and dreams for their future and a desire to develop their potential giftings. It is hard on me when I don't know them well. Our new Shelton, Ian and Arnold--I met them, but I was focused on Beverlyn, the task at hand, OUR GOD BLESSING through our visit and keeping myself from crying.

So....we'll see what happens. I pray God empowers me to take a project from idea to completion. Come Lord Jesus!
No one has a barn like this that I have seen in Kenya. I am sure there is one somewhere but I have driven seven hours through the country without spotting this traditional barn anywhere. The ANIMALS, however, are in abundance. Including donkeys. (special note: I love roosters.) 

No comments: