Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Eunice doing well in college! Wife and Mother of Three and Teacher at Cornerstone School. God bless her.


I want to thank God who has enabled me to complete my 1st year  diploma course. It is my great pleasure to convey my greetings to you, hoping you are doing well.Please convey my greetings also to Steve .I believe you are doing well there.Here I am fine with my family and have seen God blessing me greatly.

Immediately after we closed the school on 15th November,I went to the college on 18th of the same month where we took four weeks up to 20th December.

I have had a very good time at the college during which time we sat for our end year exams and I expect to do well. I have had enough time to do my studies during evening hours after every meals. We had to do thorough learning and several assignments up to Sundays to cover the syllabus. Our lecturers are doing all they can to ensure we are well equipped with the knowledge.

In our 3rd session to complete 1st year,I was privileged to undertake the following subjects:

Child growth and development chapter 3

Personality development

Health and Nutrition

Mathematics activities

Science activities

From child growth and development chapter 3,I am now able to know how to deal with pre-adolescent and adolescent children who range 7 years to 11 years(pre-adole) and 11years to 18 years (adolescents) in the school.

From Personality and devepment,I have gained the knowledge to know children behaviors, emotions and how to cater for them.  

From Health and Nutrition,we learned about common diseases in childhood. This has helped me to know the importance of feeding program in school. Children are supposed to be given diet food for proper growth and brain stimulation.

On Mathematics activities, I am now able to know the importance of mathematics in life.This is necessary to encourage children to be able to think and reason logically.

With science activities, we are supposed to teach children about environment and themselves.

I am also working on the Research project which is supposed to be submitted in August next year.

It is my pleasure to thank you for enabling me to gain all this knowledge which I am now able to display it practically. I  thank God who has given me good health to go this far.

I am now at home with my family during this Christmas as I wait for the opening of  schools on January 7th .

No comments: