Friday, June 20, 2014

All Media and Life

How I wish I had a broad audience so I could promote this blog post:

http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/12-questions-to-ask-before-you-watch-game-of-thrones

I consume a limited diet of TV/Movies/DVDs. As such, I am not de-sensitized to the alarming level of immorality and nudity that pervades everything- even soap and lotion ads in magazines and billboards use nude women and couples in showers. Then there are women in bikinis leaving little to the imagination in ads everywhere on counters, walls, envelopes in the mail - it is unending and disappointing. Then there are photos on facebook. My own children, even. 

Morality will not help- that is just The Law. Which kills, judges, and condems. But the love and sacrifical forgiveness of Jesus redeems and transforms at the motive level- heart change! 

Jesus died to set us free from the urge to flaunt or view. He is lovely, holy and pure. And reaches out to the broken and dirty with New Life!

No comments: