Sunday, March 07, 2010

Speaking about Trinity Global Development











Praise you, Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth. I am so grateful to have an opportunity to share about Trinity Global Development with Mothers of Preschoolers at First Baptist Church in Round Rock on Monday! I get 10 minutes. What can I say in 10 minutes! I could take an hour. Stephanie needs to be succinct. and organized.




One problem is that when I think of the work God is doing in Kenya, a thousand images rush into my mind and words spill out onto my tongue and I catch them before I just say......OH! My! because I find it hard to find the starting place.




Do I start at the beginning? that is so boring




and then to me, the beginning could be all the way back when I was only a Christian for one year and God calls me to the mission field during a time I was reading Goforth of China, George Mueller, and Youth Aflame. (just one year into Jesus and having revival already!)




Or do I just go to how God was showing me a time of repentance during an Austin Stone leadership summit in 2008. They walked us through repentance as a group and individually and it was so powerful. God showed me that I wanted to be a missionary to be the elite of Christians. I tried to deny it, but obviously, God is not wrong. I was so grieved. and I was glad I had only been allowed to go on one little mission trip so far.




But then after that, Kenya came! and so I am so thankful He prepared my heart. Not that my heart is good. But I am thankful I am in this with eyes wide open. and I am going and reaching with love. and how graciously that love has been received! it is like going to a place as a rock star. superstar! it is fun and I appreciate my sisters and brothers there. They walk through an entirely different world than I do. They have different strengths and weaknesses. I can't wait to spend eight weeks with them this summer and engage our souls. I can't assume we'll connect on all levels but I can stumble through the process lovingly and being loved. I think you have to stay connected so you get to the deeper parts of relationship. where it gets uncomfortable.




No comments: