Friday, October 28, 2011

Henry and Joseph on their new motorcycles

Here is some news cut from an email from Frank:
Joseph has been working on the website to make it meet the specifications you requested.
Lawrence has been in charge of the newsletters and contents therein and has been collecting articles and other pieces of information from all team members so that he can put it all together. I requested him to also collect information we will put in the special edition newsletter but that will get a special review from both Joseph and I before sending over to you.
I have Jack overseeing the rest in the various tasks they are performing as well as assign tasks to the other team members based on abilities. He is also sourcing the prices of printing the booklets for the pastors will forward the same to you for approval. We had a leaders' meeting and discussed the matter in detail.
In a previous leaders' meeting last week, we also discussed the various expense lines for the orphan administration funds and created a monthly budget for the same. I am working with Joseph in coming up with the document detailing how the orphan program works and we will have it as a document and also integrate it into our website.
I am also working on have some team members responsible for updating and keeping our Facebook fan page current so first I had to walk everyone through either configuring their phones or computers to receive TGD mail through outlook. It is faster, costs less because of shorter internet time and allows them to compose mail while offline and only make a connection when ready to send. Also all received mail are easily available on the local computer especially for reference purposes.
In summary I thank you so much for considering Henry and purchasing him a bike. You can tell from his facial expression that he is all happy and excited and we share in his joy as his trips and journeys have now been made more manageable. I have attached pictures for you to share in the joy. God Bless you so much.
On the side, I have made several attempts to send Kevin's glasses via Fedex and they refuse to take them without a prescription so I wrote to Kevin explaining the same and requesting him to scan his prescription for the glasses so that I can attach with them but I haven't heard back from him so I am waiting. I was also required to write a letter explaining that the glasses belonged to an American citizen and were forgotten in the vehicle while they were at the airport. Quite honestly I did not think that it was that difficult to send a pair of glasses to the States. Apparently they are classified together with medicine or something and so there is a process involved. Oh and in addition there is yet another form I have to fill. I don't mind the process but thought I should highlight the situation on the ground so that you may understand why the delay.


Okay, now this is Stephanie writing: I wanted to add that part about the glasses. It is very difficult to do things in Kenya that we take for granted. Many things take more process and more time. It's just hard. So when someone asks me to do this or that--sometimes I am not able to convey how difficult it can be going through the steps needed. The glasses are just a picture of normal business operations in Kenya. I pray God bring them the breakthrough!

No comments: