Friday, October 28, 2011

Met with Titus! In the USA!

I had a great time in Southern Illinois this week. I drove down to see Titus and Rose. How exciting to see them in the USA! I had been planning to go see Anita ever since I've moved up here in April. But my personal travel schedule has been full and I've had a lot of wonderful visitors to my home. So it was God's timing and I rejoiced to make the 6+ hour drive with the beautiful changing tree colors of red, orange, gold, brown, green and just so many shades of beautiful.
I was so blessed to meet Anita's friends and see some I'd met before. I love Ed and Anita--they are Mom and Dad AND Brother and Sister to me. I've known Ed since 1987--BEFORE I WAS SAVED! And who knows if the Lord used him at that time? Jesus revealed Himself to me in December of 1987 and my whole world changed forever.
Anita was such a blessing to me as a young mom. She is very down to earth and loving and friendly. We are so much alike except that I was uptight about EVERYTHING and fearful and just plain inexperienced in life. Anita showed me the way of peace. She led me in serving the Lord with joy and abandon and Ed showed me how to walk with the Lord, learning His Word and obeying His Commands. We had a wonderful church family to raise our children (my children are about the same ages as Ed's and Anita's.)
Well, I ALWAYS love coming to Little Chapel! I first came for Rachel's wedding. Titus was there and oddly, we did not meet at that time! I did meet Joe Roberts, I remember.
but to come up again and meet friends at the Missions Board--what a blessing. People with the same heart as mine, loving the Lord and loving others. I really enjoyed visiting. I really enjoyed hearing Titus speak and even getting a chance to affirm what the Lord is doing in his community through him and Rose. He had a great video which was like coming home for me to watch. I love my Kenyan family! They are a part of me and it is my joy to serve them however the Lord makes a way.
I got to meet several orphan sponsors: Jody Williams, Cindy Winters, Heather Sais, Terah Ann Stearns, and Darla Martin. AND the Lord added Lisa and Jerrilyn to our family (Oh Jerrilyn, I may have misspelled your name because it is not right in front of me. I'll get it right soon! Hugs!)  We had SO MUCH FUN (well, I had fall off your seat fun) talking about the children and my experiences in Kenya. Anita and I just really enjoyed it. These are her home group women and we had a blast. We laughed, we cried, they gave and I love them for it! Glory to God! THANK YOU WOMEN OF GOD!
I pray the Lord gives me some time to go back there. What a great time I have with Anita and her friends and family. Love Love Love.
All Glory to Jesus for those He knits our hearts to!! He is too good to me. I praise Him!

No comments: