Saturday, November 12, 2011

Don's Story

Hi mum Stephanie,


Greetings’ hoping you and your family is doing great and fine. Here in Kenya, am pleased to inform you that we are doing well. How about the weather there? Here in Kakamega, it’s raining a lot but we are quite pleased with that because we are assured of good harvest in the long run.

I know mum Stephanie it’s late to share with you my personal story but am pleased to get this opportunity to at least share with you my personal life experience till today.

I was born in middle class family and the best part of my life which I enjoyed very much is when I was a kid. My childhood life was the best anyone could imagine. I got the opportunity to have the best education in private school. During those days, life was so simple, comfortable and very splendid. When I turned fourteen years, I could do a variety of things even driving because my Dad used to have a car and he taught me and my brother how to drive. Sometimes, when he came back from work, we could steal the car and go to have fun with it.

Anyway, as the saying goes, life is full of changes. My Dad got an opportunity to travel to South Africa for his education. Things changed when came back from South Africa with my step mother and that was seven years ago. Life took a drastic change since my mother couldn’t bare it anymore and they decided to get a divorce. The funny part of my life was the fact that, my big brother and my only sister were given custody to my mother while my little brother and I were handed over to my father. Life was so unfair at that time since my little brother and I we were forced to live with my Dad’s Grandmother since we couldn’t stand our stepmother. Since then, Dad never gave us any help especially education wise coz we all qualified for a University entry but he didn’t dare gave any of us an opportunity to go to University since he could at least afford to pay fees for one of us.

What gave me hope was my mother; she sacrificed a lot for our wellbeing. She was forced to look for a job in order to cater for my little sister education. Am proud to inform you that my little sister she is now in grade eight and she is sitting for her primary certificate tomorrow. I came to realize that everything happens with a purpose and my Dad and my mum separation opened my eyes wide to realize that challenges do exist.

My biggest moment of my life took effect when I got the opportunity to be TGD student. At first, I almost gave up on my education since I wanted to look for a job to at least support my mother who by now is living with my big brother and sister in Nairobi. I really thank God who gave me hope to go on with my education. At TGD, I got the opportunity to have the best computer knowledge which any Kenyan University student is yearning for it .Right now, I give praises to God coz I can now do a lot with my computer knowledge. I can’t imagined am surviving well in the village with my Grandmother because am able to fix client’s computer problems, do a variety of tasks with my computer knowledge and get something little which I manage to support myself for buying clothes and even my buy something good for my little sister and mother.

Till now, I still thank God for everything because I came to realize that everything happens with a purpose and above all I Thank TGD family for bringing me this far. Am pleased to share with you my life history and even Bishop Titus knows my life experience. Anyway, send my regards to your family and if you don’t mind, please accept my Facebook request. I happen to have opened the Facebook account long time ago but I was in active. I opened it with my first and middle name i.e. Don Adrian. After accepting, please forward for me some photos you took while we were playing football with Kevin outside the church premises.

Gratitude’s,

Don Adrian Ingutia.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Truly a long way he has come from.
Regards,Kevin Watson.