Monday, May 24, 2010

Countdown to lift off......3


I'm ready to be on the plane and in Kenya already. The rains have increased the mosquitoes. I pray the rains cease! It has rained every day and flooding has washed away some friends' homes. We pray against malaria. I suffer with my friends. I ask God for mercy.
I'm packed except for the final once-over. I cannot finish because I am waiting on Medical Bridges. They are supposed to complete a hand-carry load of medical supplies. I have to drive over and pick it up in Houston. It will take up one of the extra suitcases. It only takes one suitcase for a two week trip, but I am going for 8 weeks. We usually take another suitcase full of supplies or over the counter medicines. Since Trinity Global Development sent an entire shipping container, I can use the extra suitcases for my personal needs. I already had mine and Sarah's completed. I insisted Steve take an extra so I could put foodstuffs in there. However, with the addition of the medical supplies, I may have to cut back significantly. It is all good. I know God can take care of all my needs and I trust Him for them. As long as I have water and sleep, I can survive. I suppose I am thankful that Sheila insisted I take Malaria preventatives. Looks like those are going to come in very handy! I insisted that Steve go and get some. He's pretty lax about it generally. We got Sarah all that she needed as well. Costly, since she is not on our insurance, but worth it.
I have been praying and reading the Word and preparing spiritually. There was so much physical labor for a while there, that my prayers were not in a quiet time but continual as I worked. I made it through!
Yesterday I was blessed to have Camilla bring her family to church with us. That was fun! and then we went to Ztejas for brunch on 6th street. Lovely. Later I went to Fitzhugh Baptist church way out 290 past the Y at Oak Hill. It was a lovely time with the music minister of Hyde Park Baptist presiding over a small symphony of worshippers. It was awesome. It was perfect. I was lifted. We sang old classic hymns and different members gave personal presentations. It closed with a short message on salvation and rejoicing. I was blessed. I am going to go to Lifeway bookstore TODAY and buy a book of hymns to inspire and encourage during my work in Kenya.
I cannot wait to see my Kenyan family. I cannot wait to go around to the villages. I am eager to deepen relationships. I rejoice in overseeing the work there. It is good to be about the Lord's work. I am a Son of God!

No comments: