Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Packing for shipment

No, this is not a picture of me packing. but i am on my new Apple laptop and to import some pictures--i pulled out my dusty external drive and found this cool photo. Looking through several years worth of old photos is difficult and makes me wistful about the past....BUT I AM MOVING FORWARD! and the forward is delightful! so much good work to do for Jesus through TGD.
Today I packed up my nursing books and midwifery books to send with the shipment. I really want to focus on maternal health and safe prenancy/delivery. There is so much to be improved upon. Many women need iron. They need blood pressure monitored. and when bleeding becomes excessive, they need intervention. I want to teach and promote healthy behaviors to the women who are already teaching others. then they can do the good work of saving lives. i'd love to do it myself --but i see now that my best gift is to empower others--not be the doer. sniff sniff. i'm okay with that.
and back to work I go....packing and planning and training on the mac for long breaks. :-)

No comments: