Monday, September 27, 2010

5 weeks 5 days to Kenya Trip

Time flies and I approach another opportunity to be in Kenya. As I look over my packing list, it occurs to me---those computer will need ADAPTORS! I am thinking back to packing boxes....I put some adapters in there somewhere. However, there are 36 computers that must be on the Kenyan electricity system. It is 220v with a three prong plug like the ones in England.
I must remember to ask well wishers to send packages with adaptor/converters along with immodium, ibuprofen, and antibiotic ointment. Those $55 dollar international Priority Post boxes would be excellent. They can take a few weeks to arrive there. Maybe I should request now?!?

1 comment:

Go Near Ministry said...

OKAY. I like what you do! This is so cool. We are doing this solo and can learn much from you. We want to get items for the school in the slum. They have no books or supplies. What is the $55 package you mentioned. Do you know of a container group we can add some things (some books, school supplies) in at a reasonable cost? I know we have people who would donate items for delivery that would be in excellent shape.

Have you been to all those places? So cool. It will be really neat to have a visit. I can relate to getting ready for the big trip over.

Blessings to you,

Melody