Thursday, July 05, 2012

David's story: A community computer student


DAVID SETH MURUNGA


PERSONAL LIFE STORY, EXPERIENCE AND ENCOUNTER

I was born in Nakuru one of the towns in Kenya within the rift valley province in Kenya. Due to lack of capital and basic needs our family shifted and came to our rural home in Kakamega residing in Shibuli within Kakamega County.

Moreover, I was raised in a poor environment whereby my parents couldn’t afford to get money for my siblings and I to go to school. During school holidays, it forced our family to go and work for people in our farms so that our parents could afford to take us to school and get the basic education. I grew up in problems and encounters, getting school uniforms, sometimes when sent home to go and repair toned school uniforms, my parents couldn’t afford to get money so as I could repair my toned school uniforms. My parents worked hard to make siblings and I with the little they had for us to be educated.

Furthermore, it reached a time I became hopeless in learning. My parents did their best to make sure that I learn but their wish ended in vain. I thought my parents had no money because my siblings who are elderly had been educated. Sometimes when sat alone, I could cry a lot of tears of sorrow rolling down my cheeks. I decided to engage in drugs especially when I was in high school. Engaging in bad company made my life to mess even the school results slowing down. I became so drunkard especially when I could visit my dad in Nakuru where he was working to get our daily bread. A group of spoilt boys spoilt my life, I smoked cigarette, bhang and also drank illicit brew. My comrades convinced me and told me that my life could become comfortable if I become an addict because they knew we were very poor.

My life continued, my parents worked very hard to make my life at home, at school and our environment is good. Due to my mess in my life, my mother who by that time was a born again Christian did her time best to change my life but it all ended in vain. I thought all was my end of life. One day when I had gone to visit my dad at Nakuru I attended a crusade in Afraha Stadium, it was during school holidays and I was in form two. I had not done end term exams because of school fees. As the preacher was preaching, it touched my heart whereby by that day, I became saved. I decided to change my life from addiction of drugs. Changing my life and accepting Jesus as my personal savior opened the doors for my life especially education. I started performing very well at school despite the amazing miracles God did for my life and still yet God is working on my life.

Moreover, when sometimes I could go home for school fees, I still had passion and prayed a lot. I completed my high school education in troubles. I didn’t believe myself but God worked with my life. I didn’t know I would reach that level but by grace the doors were opened for my life.

After completing my high school education, I still continued with serving the lord, working with my fellow youth at our church teaching others on the ways of salvation. I also help my parents at home do agriculture because I know for now they don’t have capital to take me to continue with education or search for a job. Due to the introduction of TGD in our village Shibuli, I do appreciate a lot because I know is working and God answered my parents especially enabling the community to be with complete computer knowledge. I also thank our Bishop Titus and mother Stephanie who is our sponsor.

TGD has enabled us to have knowledge in computer. I’ve learned more about computer global knowledge, the spread of internet, Facebook and also introduction to computers in our community. TGD has enabled me know how you can make work easier using computer by saving your work, communicating through the internet. Working calculations using excel programme by saving it to make work advance.

Furthermore, the orphan program done by TGD is becoming a great benefit to the society. Many people who are orphans are getting encouraged by getting food and school support programs. Spiritual encouragement during TGD meetings motivates my courage. My faith in TGD is becoming a reality by the facts the TGD people are doing in our society to educate people get support through support programs like that of orphans.

It is my wish the TGD building be completed. I believe the lives of people are going to be great if they’re going to have introduction of health facilities like dispensaries, libraries, bible school and community based programs on educating people on the dangers of HIV/AIDS, its prevention and handle of such people infected. The community is going to be blessed if many people who don’t have money to attend schools and colleges going to be educated.

TGD being one of the best institutions in our community, I would wish it also have its own bus whereby transport will be easy when people want to go and educate other people from another community around our locality. Introduction of cinemas in conjunction with the cornerstone church using projectors by educating people the importance of salvation, education on the dangers of drug addiction and sexual abuse going to help many people get education if TGD staff  going to do that. My desire is TGD to bring changes.

The problems we students are experiencing is incomplete toilets, lack of roof in our TGD building. If the building is complete it will provide a stable environment for learning of students. The second floor going to be a benefit if the introduction of libraries, bible school and community based hall for learning. The building should have a roof because when it is raining students face difficulties due to leakage of water, uncompleted window panes, cold when it’s raining heavily during lesson attendance especially during evening lessons.

When the TGD building is going to be completed, it will provide a good environment for learning and teaching staff. I am glad to be a student at TGD. I do pray for our sponsors, God to uplift them so that they continue with their good work. Thank you mother Stephanie, may God uplift your work and vision. God bless all our sponsors. TGD go, go TGD.



A caption picture showing David doing what he loves doing most. Rearing fish on his fish pond.
David Seth Murunga A TGD Student.



.

No comments: