Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Kevin Madahana's story


KEVIN MADAHANA


1.      PERSONAL LIFE STORY

2.      TGD BUILDING

3.      FUTURE PARTICIPATION IN TGD PROJECTS

4.      IMMPROVEMENT ON TGD BUILDING

5.      HOW TGD HAS CHANGED ME

6.      CHALLENGES AND SOLUTION

7.      IMPORTANCE OF THE TRAINING (COMPUTER)

8.      PART TIME ACTIVITIES



PERSONAL LIFE

I was born on 7th April, 1986 as a second born soul to the late Mr. Kennedy Obiero (God rest his soul in peace) and Mama Margret Musimbi. My elder brother Felix had been born three years earlier. At a tender age of only two months, my parents broke up (as am told by my grand mum.)



Our grandparents had to pick up our daily care and they brought us up. My grandmother was a local nursery teacher and cared for me just as her own son when I was her son’s son. Felix, being two years, spent the day playing with other children in the neighborhood.



Our grandparents struggled to bring me up. They fed me on milk from the local breed of animals in the homestead. I believe that it takes the hand of the Almighty God for the hopeless in society to grow up and survive from the hard times to date. I thank God for helping my grandparents bring me up.



To my readers, God uplifts the humble and I survived to join school. Our grandparents paid for our early schooling fees. In lower primary, father’s brother Abel paid for our fees and we were never sent home.



With God’s guidance I sat for my Kenya primary school exams in 2001 and was ranked the 4th in a class of 36 pupils and 13th in the division. I was selected to join a reputable high school in the province. My grandparents and uncle came up together with the other family members and rewarded me a chance of a lifetime to join high school.



I’d love to write more about my personal life but I may get my readers emotions rolling! Bear with me. After high school I was only 17 years old. At the early age of 18 years, I began a specialization in Range Management and Animal Production from the University of Nairobi’s lower Kabete campus. Truly it has taken the hand of God for all this to happen. Thanks to my guardians’ big hearts.



The journey at campus was full of challenges, but God’s grace was at hand. He helped me make it through. At a tender age of 22 years, I graduated from college at Lower Kabete in style. The struggle and the results were dedicated to my grandmother and my father, my educator Abel and all those who made my ends meet. God bless them. Right now, I work as a freelance veterinary doctor in my area and I thank God for his endless mercy and gift of life.



Trinity Global Development Building



The TGD building is located at Shibuli in Kakamega County, Western Province of Kenya. Ever since the construction started up to where it stands, it has taken the hand of God. In first place, I’d love to thank the donors for the support to ensure that the construction is complete and under use for the prosperity of community.



At first, it is the youth employment opportunities that our youth are getting from the activities at the site. My friends work at the construction site and they earn their daily bread from the TGD building. Instead of having to engage in drugs and criminal activities as part time, many of the boys spend their day at the construction site. Once again, thanks to the Trinity Global Development Community.



Secondly, the rooms already under use on the first floor of the TGD building have proved important for the youth of the area. It hosts about one hundred boys and girls (youth) who are undertaking a computer course courtesy of TGD at the same building site. Then the teachers who teach the students are members of the community, hence TGD has helped to create jobs for the guys and they work in the TGD building



To our sponsors, I want to say thank you for your kids hear you are struggling to improve our lives, though you are far away. You came to our rescue and we love your work. May God the Almighty bless you. So my question is, if the TGD building is providing so many chances of jobs and education to many people in the local community when it is still in its initial stages of constructions, what of when the whole work of building construction will be over? May God always bless the TGD community –we love you. There are so many things I’d love to write about your amazing hearts but maybe I cannot. Let me just say THANK you.







FUTURE PARTICIPATION IN TGD PROJECTS



 I want to take this time to make a few proposals of the things I’d love incorporated into the TGD projects which will be housed under the buildings which I hope will be completed. Apart from housing the computer training students, the following can be put into consideration.

1.      COUNSELING CENTER: One of the rooms under the TGD building should be turned into a counseling place for the many couples who may break-up due to family conflicts. This will help to reduce failed marriages and improve young relationships thus helping to diminish the rate of orphans or single parents in the local community. This will also help create jobs for the social counselors and sociologists.

2.      ANIMAL PRODUCTION RESOURCE CENTER: This center will provide our potential farmers with the necessary information for improving their stock and thus improving their lives. Famers go long distances looking for animal production officers and most of them give up. This leads to un-motivation which causes losses for the famer. A resource center could provide advice on dairy, beef, drugs, care and pasture management for the farmers. They will also get the knowledge of dogs and Rabies. Dog bites are rampant in this zone.

3.      SPORTS CENTER: Football (soccer) is considered the world’s leading tourist attraction sport. Most boys and girls struggle hard to learn it even if they lack the talent because it is the only available sport at their disposal. Adding other additional games will teach our children of the potential in the world other than just football. Think of scrabble games which help our children improve their English language. Then there are indoor games like table tennis, chess, lawn tennis and badminton. If our children’s minds are broadened in this perspective, then they can always learn to work hard for a living. This resource center will be important for facilitating this.

4.      VCT CENTER: This will help the youth know their AIDS status and help fight the HIV pandemic currently wrecking havoc throughout the country.

5.      EDUCATIONAL CENTERS: I pray other rooms be dedicated to other types of knowledge and education. There should be more courses offered to the local community through the TGD building since its evident that knowledge is power and everybody would love to learn and get knowledge but the lack of institutions that are affordable kills the dream. God, thank you for the TGD Community.







IMPROVEMENT OF THE TGD BUILDING:



So far so good for the TGD community in helping improve our lives. This building under their umbrella organization has the potential to shine when it is complete. The building stands out as modest in the area and I would love to see it completed and being put into use. It is designed well and actually, the best, as from its outlook. I’d just urge the donors to keep up its funding since it is better and, once it is complete, it will be the best. Thank you to our donors for designing the building for us. God bless you.



HOW TGD HAS IMPROVED MY LIFE



 I first thought that life is so discouraging for me. I used to see my friends go out to town to take their Information Technology course. They were paying such high fees that I could not raise them and pay. There was nobody to raise that kind of amount for me to pay for computer training.



When I heard about the TGD training program, I could not afford to lose that chance of life time! I knew the knowledge  I had was incomplete without the computer knowledge Everything is going the IT way. Ever since I joined the TGD program, I have come to know so many things, especially about the computer world. I have learned to type, store, paste and make changes to tests. I have learned about the function formulas and other good ventures about computers. I am not the same as I was last year. The TGD program has opened my eyes and shown me that there are still more things I need to learn in this life. Personally, the knowledge I‘ve attained from TGD is the only change I have passion for. Also, the friends I have met due to the program! I cannot leave it out. I must say that, too, has changed my life. Keep on the good work.



ODDS



On 8th may, 2012, my dad passed on at around 12:30PM. The night before, I spent a sleepless night as I saw him writhe in pain. I could not afford to wish for a good health for him but God’s time for him had come. May God rest his soul in peace.



This stands out as the greatest challenge. Since joining the TGD community as a student, I had to halt my studies for about four weeks as I took care of my sick dad until the day he died. Another week was spent on the funeral and burial ceremonies. This was my toughest time and I could not smile or celebrate since I was a loser. In fact, a double loser because I had missed my lessons for a month and I had lost my dad whom I was working to save.



God is usually faithful and thanks to the entire TGD family and classmates who prayed for me and I felt like the burden was no longer on my head .The way I beat this challenge, I rest it upon my colleagues at TGD who prayed hard for me and our family. Thanks to my friends at TGD who stood by me till even after I came back. They showed me all that I had missed while I was away. God bless you all. This stands out as my greatest challenge but God is faithful and always graceful.



IMPORTANCE OF COMPUTER TRAINING



The basic importance of the TGD training program is the knowledge it has provided amongst the youth of our community. I can now go to town and enter a cyber café and start logging into a computer on my own without the support of the attendants. The program at TGD has given me the SLELF CONFIDENCE. I look to the training with gladness. The training has given me a sense of belonging, especially amongst my friends who had already undertaken the training somewhere. Thank you for the opportunity you gave to me.



PART TIME ACTIVITIES



I love sporting. I play football with my local club Mzalendo. I play in the mid-field position. I also love scrabble games, table-tennis and chess because they are enjoyable, though not locally available. When I get a chance to play, I always work hard to perfect my skills. But because football is locally available, I play more of it.

    I also love animals. When am free I always visit the farm unit just to see how the animals are faring on…whether there is any animal that needs treatment or if they are well fed. Most of my part time I actually spent with the animals perfecting my profession.

No comments: