Saturday, December 23, 2006

barely blogging

I am not sure what I want to say on here, only that I know I haven't been writing. There is so much to do at home. It seems odd to think I actually STARTED this when I was here. It was maybe this time last year, because I remember the new years pics of "first night" downtown---what a great event and one I will have to miss.

what have I learned?
a ton.

--don't leave homework unfinished. (that paper is haunting me....I must begin work on it)
---hubby does not talk. didn't I know this already? he's an introvert. he's trying.
--I THOUGHT I was busy up there, but I was not. THIS is busy.
---my children really DO take up so much time, but I enjoy it.
--the reason I cannot get more done up there is that there is not the variety of experiences throughout the day. the effort to complete schoolwork just drones on and on whereas here there are a multitude of directions to take each day and it is easier to cycle through one and then another.
--I have to start watching TV, terrible but true. I'll need a way to change directions and control my thoughts---escapism might work.
--my eyes need the new prescription glasses because I lose my visual acuity throughout the day when taxed.
---I seem to avoid exercising although I love to be active.
--It is good to see friends and it is very hard work. I've seen them all except CH, whom I hope to see next week, but I've got to email her. Everyone else contacted me except JP, who came home from Seattle and so I went over to greet her the next day.
---I do not like wine. Wine was at the parties everywhere this year and so I just went without. At a party last night, one woman I did not know insisted that I try this certain one (I've forgotten the name). She swears it does not cause a headache and that she can drink two bottles without feeling the effects.(oh my)..that it is not dry and does not suck up all the moisture out of your body. I explained that I usually held a glass of wine when I was with insistent Italian Catholics who were unable to understand why I might not want to drink wine and with people like her. (I thought that might dissuade her from the pressure tactics, but alas, it did not). I tried the wine, it tasted fine --rather like juice---and put it back down and smiled. She relented but thought somehow that she had convinced me and had done a great thing. That was a bit humorous. I would think in an error of PC and with all the AA members walking around that people would allow others to go without, but as for ages, people cannot stand when you do not participate in whatever it is that THEY might be doing.
--I'm not as philosophical as I'd like to be, but I am rather lazy and whiney.
---I'm always tired. I worry about my health. I am very moody. I'm very demanding. I like to be waited on---like crazy! I get that from my mom, for sure. My children will undoubtedly follow in these horrible footsteps.
--I love my children's new dates. G for L and M for K. Not too pleased with S's, but I see E around her as a friend and I'm always hopeful for him. He has a good family, good grades, football star, good-looking and well-mannered. I'm always on the lookout for the family's future gene pool (good thing my children do not read my blog).
---I am exonerated socially. I recently read an article in Newsweek that blogs were not just for public consumption but also good for the writers if no one reads them but the author. Hooray! and my readers are exonerated because they no longer must slavishly conform to my wish to share. :-)

I read my 2nd neice's blog---my dad has read it with some concern--it is so speedy! I mean she zooms through thoughts. I find it interesting psychologically. Hers is the most elaborate blog I've ever seen. She spends significant amounts of time explaining her life and she's very excited and happy and speedy and extroverted. Makes me look like a slug. And so much current lingo. I'd like to really spend some time going through it. She's about to have a baby.

My other 2nd neice, on hubby's side, former daughter, just turned 16. I'm wondering if she has gotten the car that supposedly she is going to get. But I rarely get the news on that. I was so thankful to get a beautiful Christmas card send to my daughters with a picture of the two 2nd neices! Gorgeous!
When I get back up north, I'll scan it and put it on kodakgallery.

which reminds me to put the only pictures I have, from my L, onto kodakgallery to send out. At least there are a few!!! I need to get a new battery charger for my camera battery, which is dead.

Merry Christmas. Perhaps I'll find the time to truly focus on the Lord and the meaning of the coming of the Christ child---but I'm thankful because I gain strength to continue through His Life.

No comments: