Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Sir Dark Fin

K has become Sir Dark Fin.

turns out M has a fish named Sir Dark Fin.

K wore his Dad's new Christmas armor to become such as the fish (only kinda bigger and stronger and breathing air while standing on two feet and without fins---you know, JUST ALIKE)

Really, though, this is Mr's present which he really wanted. We weren't getting each other gifts, but he looked this up on the internet for the 27th time and found it was on SALE---which of course meant that he requested me to purchase it for him.

It was a bit tight on Mr but looked good. He was amazed at the weight of it. K came over and wanted to try it on. Now we will have to have a costume party! I have wanted to have a New Years costume party---doesn't that sound fun!
There is no way I can do it this year since I will be driving north.

I'm finishing my paper right now. Taking a break (so what else is new?). I only have to finish all the citation, but I LOATHE that part and I made it particularly difficult on myself by just sort of randomly discussing things without considering where I got them---now I must comb through stuff and figure that out.
Also, I looked up a lot of government info online, like the WIC program (supplemental food for low-income women, infants and children) and Medicaid. I copied some charts from another paper and I think I should cite them although I was just sort of copying their idea and writing in my own stuff, but you aren't supposed to use others' ideas without giving them credit. X told me that in China, you don't have to cite anything, you can just write it. That's great for writing papers, but then again, I suppose that is why Americans worry about their intellectual information. (we are so proprietal---is that even a word?)

Had fun playing scattergoris. Did I mention that already? Because I had to look up lists of trees, sports teams, and I've tried to pay attention to names of celebrities (which I usually ignore. I know Brad, Angelina, Tom, Nicole, Brittany, I can't even think of the guy from Saturday Night ...wait! I can't even think of the name of that 70s disco movie! Horrors!)

I like book titles.....Clan of Cave Bear, Dune, Emma, Three Muskateers, Count of Monte Cristo, Hamlet, Sense and Sensibility, Eleanor of Aquitaine, Desiring God, Holy Bible, Systematic Theology, Tale of Two Cities, Wuthering Heights,

I also went to the baby food aisle and looked at the product name. Go try this sometime. Things have sure changed! I was shocked! There are quite a few additions to the old pear, green beans, applesauce regimens.

Back to work. Oh bother.

No comments: