Saturday, December 02, 2006

22 degrees Feels like 11


Today has a high of 32 and a low of 13. If it is 22 and feels like 11, what does it feel like at 13? The sun is out so maybe it won't be too bad, but I am so sure the glare will be horrendous. I have my ski goggles and they are polarized, so I may wear them on the way to the airport, won't that look ridiculous!?!

I seriously cannot sleep. I was awake every single hour, although MAYBE I slept through the 3am hour---so I am pretending that at a minimum, I DID sleep from 3 am to 4am. But it was awful. I cannot get comfortable. I cannot breathe. My dreams are scary. My legs are very very restless.

I thought I went to bed calm. It shouldn't have been so bad! I don't know what to do for it. I read an article by a professor here as I went to sleep. It was a good one, so it was enjoyable reading. I was pleased that Mr would be coming today. I guess it is the paper and two exams still just making me crazy. I am very afraid of the stats exam. It is 15 questions and I can't discern which method I should use for each one, although I am supposed to know.

We get a word problem and some of the clues. Those tell you which method to use. But I'm not clear on the various formulas. Often, even when I have it right, I will think it is wrong because the number looks weird. Too high or too low. But in class we have some examples that end up that way, so I try to trust myself. Anyway, I must be diligent to do it and then just trust that everything will turn out as it should. I definitely have serious problems concentrating and applying myself to my work. I'm sure if I could sleep well, I would have fewer difficulties.

It is 9 am and Mr flies in about noon. He will likely be in line on the ground. I was waiting on the ground on my return flight here. It took maybe 15 minutes to get to the gate. Maybe more. It is so hard to wait when you are already on the ground.

A news report said something like 2500 flights were canceled on Thursday/Friday and some huge proportion of them were in or out of my airport. The snow was so beautiful and I would have enjoyed it immensely, except that I had just learned that Mr's flight was delayed AGAIN and so I trudged through the snow to school.

It was fun. My boots ARE waterproof. The snow was slush in many places. My coat is more than adaquate. There were high winds blowing and I still had to unzip my coat because I got so hot. I didn' t need my face mask or goggles or even gloves! Boots and coat were enough. I didn't see any snowmen. I hope there are some snowmen out there! I had my hood covering most of my face and I kept my head down staring at the ground 5 feet in front of me. When I stopped to look straight ahead, the trees were so beautiful, reminding me of that tree in Lord of the Rings---all white. The campus was gorgeous. The pond and lake looked so nice (view from a third floor window), I read that the lake was 47 degrees? maybe 57---and so it was keeping my area from the worst of the cold. (poor little duckies, though)

Oh, I need to lay down AGAIN! and I am having a piercing pain in my head. GOSH I cannot wait until MR is here! I sure do like that fella.

No comments: