Monday, December 11, 2006

Home again home again jiggity jig

Okay, so I wasn't at the market to buy a fat pig.

Instead, I was at CVS, able to pick up my prescriptions---something that had me worried about the back and forth nature of my existence.

OK again.
so I want to see all my friends.
I am too tired to try.
But I want to see all my friends.
but I wish I could see them in party groups, more at a time. less time consuming.

I want to have a dinner party for some couple friends from our other church.
it would be so nice to have a dinner party like with CH, BM (he he), CG, and TL. But TL has not really been available. So then CH, BM, and CG.

But I am planning to try JP, DG, and AH. Mr P was not available last year and we hope to try again.

I'm thinking of the Arkansas Conundrum.
I'm thinking success and fame to you bud!

I'm missing out-of-town friends, CT, AN, AL.
My Chinese friends, JXF, XL, J-----oh my goodness, I forgot that last name! (I'll remember it when I work on christmas cards)

and friends from school! L, R, A, and professors (last name) C, H, M and S.

and I miss my best neighbors who have moved out! C and S! Pastors! Gone on to further ministries.

I'm reading the Three Muskateers.
I shouldn't.
I should have read the books that Debbie suggested.....but Mr suggested it as he just finished it recently (well, recently he finished Ivanhoe) and I know I have 1,000 things to do---but they are piling up and overwhelming me....so I am running away to France (by reading).

I have to send in my defensive driving, my driving record (which shows I got no tickets at all and then one in 2003, 2004, 2005, and now 2006!---thankful to Jesus that it is not more than once a year! but dang, I better slow down because that is so expensive!), my proof of insurance to a place in Texas so they'll let me off the rest of the hook(I've already paid a pretty sum and then the defensive driving course costs a little bundle and the speedy postage did too!).
So I guess my Christmas present was the costly speeding I did on the way to help my mom move out of her house and come down here. Oh well, good cause.

Have to tell my youngest that she cannot go to the coast for spring break. Evidently, she's even been in on the planning session with the other girls and their MOTHERS. Ran into one mother on a walk today and she questioned me about it, I said, "NO WAY! I am not and was never and will not allow her to go!" I realize she will be so upset and I hate that, but I love her enough to say no. (she's going to make me pay dearly, I am sure).
and she wants to get a hotel room overnight with her friends for prom 9how dumb do they think I am? and who are the weird parents that allow this?---NOT ME).
No, she will have to come home at 2am like her sister.
It is midnight for the 11th grade and 2am for the 12th grade---so be it.

but I am planning on bringing her to the North for spring break along with her brother, sister and father. Maybe a friend, maybe L's boyfriend. We'll see. I'll be a maniac in finals, but Mr can tote them around. DT (or BD) will be acting in a play, so we can go see that!

Tallyho, I"m off.
:-)

No comments: