Wednesday, December 13, 2006

howdy

Feeling better.
had a fever on Monday (wondered why I was so sluggish, blamed my lazy self but was exonerated)
had an intense headache on Tuesday but was waning by 7pm and gone by 8pm when we were at Handels Messiah by the Austin Symphony Orchestra at The Riverbend Center.

Did not wake up today until 10am! now that is a bit freaky, but I DO feel better. Here I am three hours later blogging, but not accomplishing much.
well, I paid my northern electric bill, paid my credit card bill, checked on my texas bills, filled out the Baylor college application for the youngest---just to see if she'll get accepted. She could live with her sister (sis won't like it though).

Number one son is doing well with his new friend M. They spent the day together. They came over here, Son looked stunning in his new suit and very relaxed and happy. She looked beautiful, of course. He met her parents and the mom talked about grandbabies! (Even we don't do that!) But son went right along very amicably and impressed the girl by talking with the mother so long and so well and really paying attention. Sounds like they did the typical quizzing that we do---what do you want to do? Tell us about your family. Etc. K is very very happy and hopes this lasts for a very long time.

Here is an interesting story for you.

When I was here last (the time I got the girls a manicure), I was at the local Chinese Buffet with Hubby, Mom, and youngest. There I saw M's mom. I said, "HEY!" and we talked about 20 minutes. I told her to put in a good word for my son because I really liked her daughter and K thought she was pretty and since they are a good family, I think it would be a good match.

Well, that might have seemed a little forward, but I know that parents actually have a lot of influence with their children---so you never know.

Turns out M was no longer with her previous boyfriend. On our trip back from the North, we stopped to see our daughter and eat with her. K wanted to come. We told him to turn back because he had left too late and we would soon be on our way. M goes to school rather near where our daughter does, so he stopped and called her and she said, "Come over!" and he did.
He returned the next day.
(they stayed up all night talking happily within a group)

Evidently, the mother HAD encouraged the daughter and now my K had called. Turned out they have much in common and had a great time. They thought K was OLD like 28, but he is only 22. K thought M was older than him, but she is only 19. Age-wise, that is a good match, about three years apart---22 and 19.

K has his job at the big company lined up. He HAS to look like a great prospect. She is a very talkative intelligent pretty Christian, just what we say he precisely needs. He talks more than his Dad, so that should be okay. He's just got to remember that he MUST be sure to talk throughout his lifetime. At NO time is it okay not to talk in a relationship, particularly with a talkative girl. I find this to be a tremendous problem with Mr that just wears me out sometimes. He thinks Hmphf works as an answer. Or similarly, "Oh" or "Hmmmn."

But big talkers don't go too well with other big talkers, I mean, SOMEONE needs to listen.....so I suppose you must manage with a low-level talker and find some girlfriends to keep things lively!
Mr talks very well when we go out to eat, yes it does strain the budget, but when he does anything else, he tends to zone out. So we go out to eat alone frequently----not easy, though, when I am far away, but he does pretty good on the phone most of the time.

L is sad to be up at school working while her friends have gone home. She wants to quit. i'm taking mom to visit her tomorrow. Maybe we'll do it more often.

Merry Christmas! May God be praised!

No comments: