Saturday, December 09, 2006

Blog updated


adorable cookies S made when I was here before at Thanksgiving. Aren't they adorable?Her friend K made the Jesus bear. She knew I'd love it and she was right.
Does anything look different? The dashboard to my blog is slightly changed. I had to create a google account, but I'm not sure what it got me!
I'm home. It is odd. Several things just aren't what I'd like them to be......I come home and my things are all moved. Mr took over my dresser drawer and medicine cabinet and parking space. I have no personal room in the house (but decided that I'd count the rooms I've given my mother as my own).
This is going to be difficult.
My youngest says (when I won't give her money because I gave her some the day before and she hasn't done anything to earn any)...."When you were gone I was happy."
Not a very good thing to say.....not that it is not legitimate to think, but to imply that I make her miserable and when I wasn't here ---she was always happy----well, we all know better, don't we?
But it is good for me to see it, because I think some of the same rotten stuff myself.....and it is not right. I come home and I feel like my stuff is in the way when Mr puts it all in the closet....but I remember thinking when he was coming, "Oh, he's going to make a mess everywhere!" and I had to stop myself because HEY! I WANT him to make a mess, I want him to be around. But I've got to remember those thoughts exist. So making them explicit is in bad taste, but they are hanging there in the mind, so it is not the end of the world if they come out.
and somehow, I thought he talked more. When he's on the phone, he talks enough. So maybe I should go outside and call in...(he he).
In every marriage more than a week old, there are grounds for divorce. The trick is to find, and continue to find, grounds for marriage. Robert Anderson
We are going out tonight and I hope it goes well. I am sad because just the weight of things makes me moody---not that anything is really bad. I'm telling myself---"See? You are just a moody complainer, so go back to school and try again." OK, I will.
He says I do use bigger words. I love the vocab of my friends up there. Sure there are GRE words floating around when there is a presentation (and I actually know the definition of one or two), but we actually use long words when chatting. I still am enamoured with how fast they talk, so that when a conversation is really going, you stay so alert because you might not catch it all. Very stimulating.
Took my mom to the Armadillo Bazaar in Austin. Each year I enjoy going and THIS YEAR I FINALLY BOUGHT SOME ART! I only bought a print, but I love the work of Chris Long, Jay Long and Deborah Dupont. I bought a Chris Long print for $100. No, I cannot afford it, but I can't afford not to. Deborah's work evolved to a point where I am not as fond of it, so I want to get the ones I really like while they are available. I thought that one of Jay's works, called "Literature" was gone. I passed it up last year and then this year it was not on the website. But after I bought one from Chris Long (more in a minute), I saw that Jay Long DID have the literature one. Well, I can't afford to buy another one, so I may contact him to make sure it is available later. Maybe in the Spring. It would go well in my bedroom in Texas, it is very muted. Even in my family room where I currently have a historical texas map and S's v-ball tournament medals in a shadow box (and several hanging off the corners of the box).
The one I bought is a brightly colored Austin, Live Music Capital of the World with the capital building in the background, 6th street and musicians in the foreground with news text visible through the colors. He also showed me where the congressional bill that named Austin in 1991 is there, as well as the alternative arts paper, The Austin Chronicle and some of the Statesmen headlines like, "Rumsfield Walks Out" and more. It will be a wonderful reminder when I live through the february winds on my daily jaunts. WAIT! Good news. I only have class two days a week next semester! That means more time home (if I can afford flights) or else tons of solitary (ouch). All in all, I think it will be great. And I'll be able to get more done by not having to spend time gearing up to walk up there each day.
I decorated the tree! It's almost done. I ran out of hooks. Mr and I put it together last night. The youngest is so not a worker, so we weren't going to hassle her to try and make some memories. He got the lights on, so I put the rest up. We've got ribbon for garland and then crosses and Texas Stars. Next is silver and gold frosted large globes (balls) and lastly is the adorable felt characters I bought at the London Tower on our trip to England. (man, that was too cool!). I haven't gotten them up. I need to get more hooks.
Then we searched and searched for my address book so I could prepare cards. Bought the cards. Bought the stamps. Bought a nice gold pen. Figure I'll use the picture of all of us from Thanksgiving to send everywhere---need to get those from Kodak Gallery. I was afraid I was only going to send them as I received them---and you never know. Someone might not do it this year, then I couldn't send them one, then they think they are off my list--OUCH! It is so hard when you pare the list down. I suppose it is a fact of life.
I knew this one friend (not a dear, close friend---more like someone I knew--or a friend of a friend) and she sent out maybe 250 or more Christmas Cards. That seemed excessive to me, but it must have been a joy to her. I don't think I've ever even met that many people. And while I think I may have nearly liked that many---I can't get that many to like me, so I save on stamps.
:-)
Seriously, though, it IS hard to stay in touch with people you like! It is so hard to get together with people you do not naturally come across! So I hate when classes end, we change churches, we move, people move away, etc. But it is the ebb and flow of life. We are such a mobile society.
I worry I'll lose all my friends in the next five years due to busyness. (sniff sniff)
GEESHK, am I being too morose here?
I didn't think I was in a bad mood, really, but when I look at what I am writing....hmph.
I think I'll lay down and take a bit of a little nappy (a nap) so I can liven up a bit!
This is Christmas and I worship the Lord, I am thankful that Emmanuel, God With Us, has come to unite us with Him forever.
Rejoice!

No comments: