Monday, May 08, 2006

Houston

Returned from Houston yesterday. Last volleyball tournament. I am mostly glad to close the chapter on all that work, but I am so glad my daughter had the opportunity to play for an elite team! She'll have that memory forever.
Bodyworlds was fantastic. I enjoyed it immensely. There was too much to describe---and this was the simple one! The first one, the basic one. I wish I could see the others! Perhaps I will in time.
I also got to go to the Galleria. It was fun. The lady in the Channel shop of Neiman Marcus considered me a serious shopper, I am flattered! However, I think she could tell that I was genuine because my attitude and behavior. BUT that stems from the fact that I have Channel purses from China that only cost me about 20 bucks. So I feel entitled to Channel purses. Yet I wouldn't buy the REAL ones!! I just want to see the shapes and colors and ooh and ahh over them. I love purses. I love pretty purses, cute purses, and status purses, but I don't like paying much for purses---although I am tempted at times (like the $400 Kate Spade white leather tote), but what kind of craziness is that? That's a month worth of groceries for many families! So I try to keep that in mind.

It is seriously time to exercise. No, I don't want to go to weight watchers, although Dad, Mom, and Cindy all suggest it. I want to eat everything and grow thin (fat chance!). I think I am overeating from stress, yet how to combat that? I go to ballet tonight, aerobics tomorrow and maybe a dance class with friend Juanita, IF she is serious. I try to walk or jog with #1 son and the Mr. in the evening.
but I love coke, I love cookies, and I am not too fond of vegetables en mass.

Brazil should be fun, but I will have to NOT find entertainment in food.

and I have to write a last paper.

since I always always say that----what will I say when I finish that paper???

Maybe..........I have to read to prepare for all the future papers.
OR
I'm reading for my dissertation (oh that will surely be a mantra).

Off to work on the treadmill. The refridgerators gone out. L does not have a job yet! K is moving home soon, and S is doing well on her medicine. (but she still left knee pads at hotel and I had to buy them).

Slimming up in the name of Jesus!

No comments: