Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mid May..........

Mid may and I am a graduate. My school is going to interview me for the newsletter (it is a small publication). They thought I am getting the PhD in Psychology, but I'm not. We'll see how it goes. I look forward to being interviewed just for the fun of it!

Had a great time seeing my friend at dinner last night and again for coffee (and lunch!) today. We got together to discuss recent changes and catch up.....and then met at Java Cafe (or something like that) with D and D (one of whom I have just met). Two moms have 7 children and one has 9. Then there was me with the miniscule 3. (and sometimes I'm overwhelmed!). And all three of their husbands have had job issues ----with that many children! God has provided for them all and it is amazing to see.

Today I went to get a manicure at this spa in my little city. Turns out the nail tech and the massage therapist are no longer available. I guess they are going out of business! Too bad! I meant to go there so many times.
I want to get my nails toughened up so they'll grow. I'm not sure what the problem is, but they are peeling and breaking as soon as they grow past the nail bed. L tells me that her friend goes and gets layers of special polish and then they grow. I am wanting to grow my own nails out instead of getting hideous false nails.
Since I am going to Brazil, though, which is crazy beauty conscious (and fashionable supposedly), I am thinking of getting fake nails on my toes... so I can wear sandals without showing my wretched toenails... which usually don't bother me, but I have friends who actually moan about the disgusting ladies who don't manicure their toes!

I still have not gotten my final grade back on one of my classes. She says she'll get to it. Wednesday was actually the grading deadline. She told me not to worry, she was sure I did fine. I am sure I did fine too, but I want to know....was it "B" fine or "A" fine? So close to finishing with a 4.0.

I've lost my glasses. Just today. I have no idea where they could be. I don't usually lose them because I tend to only lay them down in certain places to avoid Nell's habit of losing her glasses daily.....maybe multiple times.
I've looked in all the usual places, then went through and backtracked every part of the house I've been in. No luck. I think I did wear them this moring to go through the paper, but I cannot be sure. I don't have to wear them all the time. I can read for a while before my vision begins to blur. I'm sure they'll show up. I'm typing this with my Rx sunglasses on. I'm so cool.

Praying for Cindy's neck to be healed, in the name of Jesus and for her lab results (of her experiment) to come up significant and for everything to work out well. And that one of her children's return to the roost will be uneventful in the nicest way.

I've been exercising! but now I'm going to go look again for my glasses.....

No comments: