Wednesday, May 31, 2006

puffy face

Okay, this picture tells me my face is so puffy! Did I write yesterday that I learned that Ibuprofen makes you retain water? AHG! I take it so much it is crazy. I haven't taken any yesterday or today.

I looked at the nutrisystem diet, which is 289 dollars and they give you all the food you eat for 28 days. The thing that interests me is that they deal with the glycemic index of the foods. I am sort of pre-diabetic and I know I mess myself up with my food choices. When I live on my own, I will be able to control access somewhat, but it always comes down to personal choices.

Today when I flipped the calendar over to June, it was nearly blank! I haven't seen that in decades! I was amazed. How nice if it REALLY meant I didn't have anything I had to do! But I have millions of things, yet I can likely get them all done without extra obligations! How nice!

I'm going to email my friends and tell them, I'm ready to do something! Anything, whenever you want.....except maybe it would be better if it didn't involve food.

I have met with friends for lunch for ages because it is usually a good time for me that I have available. Now I can be more versatile, briefly. What a change! And I usually need a couple weeks in advance because my calendar is so full. Some friends hate that because they want to be spontaneous. I am not usually able to be spontaneous like that, except with Mr and the kids. But MR (SR) is less spontaneous than I am, and I have to drag him anywhere, so we usually stick to some plans. Of course, we always go out on Saturday nights together and switch to thurs or fri if saturday is something else (like vball, which is over, hurray!)

anyway, I looked at these menu options and I would do better to make little meals myself. so I will try that for a couple of days. See if I can even do it. If I can go for 30 days, maybe I could lose at least 5 pounds! That would help!

I really want to have a habit of waking in the morning and starting some calesthenics. Remember the guy who exercised on TV, Jack ....Lane? Elaine? Allaine?.....he just did regular stuff like military people.
I think that pushups and situps are great exercises (although I cannot do a situp). and leg lifts and weights are great. You don't need fancy equipment. It is like doing pilates or yoga or something if you add some stretches.

So I've got a routine worked out, but I've only done it once when I was in Brazil. So I meant to start today (and yesterday) but GOSH how I avoid exercising.
Today there is a workout class. A bench class. I usually like those. So I hope to go at 6. But I do not really want to go. I think it is weird that I kind of just want to stay home. HOW BORING!!
Yes, my worst nightmares. I am boring.

L wants to lose weight too. She's not overweight or anything, but she tends to get heavy easily and wants to stay at the small size she is now. So we'll try eating less, but S is too skinny from her ADD meds. She is off them now because she doesn't go to school or anything (she's grounded from staying out all night while we were in Brazil), so she can try to eat more. But I think without working out, she tends to be smaller, which is so crazy. We would have expected that she would fill out because we are a chubby family, but no, she LOST weight when she quit doing daily vball workouts! And got skinny! Then the meds didn't help. She doesn't want to eat, it grosses her out.

K is losing and doing good. The last few days he's eaten a lot, but he's been moving furniture and stuff. Surely he's worked up an apetite. I hope he'll be running again in the PM so that I can go too. I hate it, but it is good for me. His weight loss motivates me a bit. He's really lost a lot.

I'm thinking if I can cut out the salt and lose some weight, then maybe my BP won't be so bad and I won't have to take the beta blockers, which slow my metabolism.

and my friend and Dad recommend wieght watchers, but I just can't seem to motivate myself to go that route. I don't know why it is so distasteful to me.

and I never ever like to diet, so this will be rough. I wish I had some spiritual mission in mind, but I don't. I can do more things when I do them for God, but when I read about people on diets and eating for Jesus, well......you gotta laugh at that!

okay, no more procrastination. I'm going to exercise. really

No comments: