Friday, April 08, 2011

Dog prayers

With the world situation and people suffering and the USA government looking at a shut-down, it is strange that my prayers are "Please, Jesus, get Penelope to pee! Please have her poop!" and likewise for Oliver---who is a little more accomodating.
But each of us lives in our own small world that we see from our own two eyes. In my world, there are two dogs locked up in a high-rise building in downtown Chicago. At least four times I day, I hope for the best in order to keep the corporate apartment from becoming a doggie-toilet. I intercede for my dogs daily (and several of you as well and my husband, children, extended family and more) praying that they will be calm enough to release their bladders. Penelope can hold for 24 hours. It's amazing and frightening. and she has had two small overflows onto the carpet. Very small considering she can hold about four cups worth and only went about 1/4 cup onto the carpet both times. We got her downstairs and outside to the clanging banging roadside where we ask her to go on the sidewalk or on the little patches of dirt by the light poles or bushes. Some businesses have their little bushes fenced in. Oh how I'd love to take a bunch of pictures of all I am describing. a video would be so informative and you could see what I deal with.
and so while I'd like to be thinking of all the other details I must continually attend to her in my new home and during this transition---I am hounded with thoughts of....."Would the dogs go now?"
Today it was raining! Add another insult to the process. All these other thing I blow off saying, "Through Jesus, I can do anything!" and yet.....I can't seem to just lean into this one. I'm suffering ---over DOGS. and i love these dogs. They are precious animals and I know them well. They rely on me and I care for them. They are quite confused about my requests out there in that noisy potty spot. What? Here? A truck is coming! That train is crazy-loud! I'm SCARED!
Please, if you are reading this. It is Thursday morning and I pray my Penelope and Oliver will potty outside today at lunch time and after I feed them their dinner. Pray for grace. Pray for Dog Blessings. I am relying on Jesus and I am discouraged---send hope and perseverence my way by the Holy Spirit. God bless you.

No comments: