Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Good morning Chicago

I rolled out of bed this morning, ready to make Steve some coffee and oatmeal. I knew I had to feed the dogs but not before I was ready to take them out to walk. I'm still stiff and sore. My fourth toenail split on our first night here--it is a vertical split from the edge of the nail to the nail base and it is all the way through to the bed of the nail. did I say Ouch? I was wondering how I would walk yesterday, but a bandaid helps protect the nail and make it lay down (instead of the crack lying open.) I can wear my running shoes and then I discovered that a new pair of boots I bought on sale when I was here looking at houses is perfect. there is a lot of room in the toe box-so much that the top of the shoe part does not even touch the top of y toes at all. Hooray! so I was able to go take care of registering cars for parking and then go out to eat (only a block away) and then go to CVS--one block in the other direction. And I could walk the dogs.

probably this isn't interesting.

My house is up on the market in Pflugerville.
http://www.realtyaustin.com/idx/homes/texas/pflugerville/78660/1008-vanderbilt-cir/3066764.html

We priced so low but Pflugerville has a lot of homes at a great price. Most don't have as much cool stuff as mine did, so I'm hoping hardwood floors and heated pool really catch the eye of some mom who wants to bless her family with a great home. and prayers! I've prayed and prayed in and over the house. We have scriptures written in the foundation and in the innermost parts of the home which we wrote during the building process. Many times the Steve, the children and I went out to the building site and prayed over every step and for the future. Now someone can receive all those blessings!

The owner of our future home wants to stay in the home an extra couple of weeks (groan.) We expected to move in on May 1st. Now it may be mid-may. I still have to settle in so I can work towards Laura's wedding. I need to mail out some save-the-dates for Laura. We haven't gotten the invitations yet and the wedding is in July. (July 16 in Austin.) I can't wait to share my joy! I am so happy and full of hope and faith and love for Laura and Garson. What a blessing. I praise God.

So much going on in Kenya. I talked with Titus ---wait.....I actually talked with ANITA but I emailed and texted Titus.  No, no....I DID talk to Titus--ha ha! I talked to him while I was driving.

Anita was telling me of a child that goes to the school where Rose teaches. He is about 11 or 12. He has five siblings. His mother abandoned them for a new man and now the young boy is the head of the home. He does what he can but they have been suffering. Rose took Titus to their home and immediately Titus could see they needed to do something for these children. Some people came to help them plant some vegetables so they could eat. When it was time to harvest, the mother snuck back with her husband and they harvested in the night and stole the food away. The children were left destitute as before. Even one little girl of about four has been sexually abused repeatedly by a neighbor and has visible venereal disease. The injustice is so painful and makes me angry. Can hell burn hot enough? People don't want others to go to hell--and you think we should not PAY for all the evil we do to one another!?!? Jesus has laid all that sin upon Himself that we could go free---even that mother and her husband could go free. Even that diseased pedophile could go free --but they refuse to accept the grace of God and turn from sin---so the little girl suffers and knows no different than to have large men abuse her painfully and for pain to be her constant companion and who knows how this will affect her heart and mind as she grows. We are molded by our environments to some degree---and for her there is no love and nurture---there is abuse and pain and sickness. I grieve!

I do what I CAN do---and I do not know this family ---but I join Rose and Titus in wanting to change the course of their lives. Titus does what he can all the time. He does more than you can imagine. His life is a constant service to hurting people and nasty jealous complaining people and joyful loving servant hearted people. He is a pastor to thousands. I don't envy his job one bit, but I commit to him and his service to God within his community. He could come live here, folks. He could come with his family and two of his children might not have died. But he serves that broken community where poverty tries to destroy everyone and so much evil is hidden. God is at work there, shining a light and bringing hope and He hears the cry of the children and rescues them.

and I think it is easy for us to forget how much evil is in our own hearts. We live in a materialistic world of comfort where our irritations are slow internet service and cars that cut us off on the highway. Our fingernail (or TOENAIL) breaks, our A/C wears out, we get a flat tire, or our boss is irritated and it wasn't even our fault. Those are our problems.
but when you look deeper, there is still divorce, adultery, lying (oh God help me -how Christians lie and pervert the truth!) and jealousy, envy, greed, sloth, wastefulness (guilty!), anger (guilty!) and there is perversion as people watch movies where they look upon the nakedness of others and just sit there as if God is not grieved????? Oh, if you were watching those people naked right in front of you---you would realize how evil your actions! but our commercials are filled with naked ladies rubbing soap on their hip--the only thing missing is nipples and pubic hair---how much of that do you watch?

we will see all that has been done on judgment day and it can't come a moment too soon. Let men call upon the Lord and be saved. Let us turn from our sin and unto the Holy One and Worship Him in beauty! why do we think we need all this delicious food and a massage and movies and concerts and pleasure and sensuality? (Not that we should not enjoy this life. Come on. You are looking for excuses when you criticize me as if I mean that life should not be good. We bless God for all this goodness but we must turn away from our sin----let the Holy Spirit convict us.)

I wish I could rescue souls from hell. Yes, even the mother of those abandoned children and even the pedophile --who for some reason thinks he needs to dominate this small child to get his needs met unnaturally. God forgive him his perversion and cruelty and save him that he might turn and repent and be cleansed. Let us not judge him but let us rescue her! let us rescue him, too! let us rescue each other! it is so easy to see how wrong the pedophile is---but let us turn from our sins, too! OH GOD, send me someone who cares enough for me to call me out for sin and rebuke and love me and forgive me---there is a better way by the Holy Spirit. Let us walk by the Spirit and we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh.

No comments: