Saturday, April 22, 2006

Lone Star Tournament


So we drove up to Dallas last night and got there about 11:30, dropped off S at her hotel, The Hyatt Regency with the big ball restaurant that beautifies the Dallas Downtown Skyline (or some would say). We drove around trying multiple hotels far from there, hoping to find vacancy. Finally found one, tried to find food, to no avail. Got up this morning early to get ready for the tournament knowing she was already going to be there with her team. We get a call. She left her uniform shirt at home on accident. She cannot play. Major bummer. So we picked her up and drove all the way home because she is going to prom tonight. L will take her back to Dallas for Sunday and Monday tournament play.

I bought alcohol test strips which measure if you've been drinking (so you can decide if you should drive or not). It just gives the girls added incentive to say, "Sorry friends, my mother is waiting at home with a test strip."

I am pretty tired after a late night, an early morning and a wasted drive home again. Traffic all backed up on the main road through town due to construction. We took side roads back home but still hit rough areas whenever we were near the interstate. I feel all wrung out. I still have to write papers for my last classes. I just draw these things out and make them unbearable. I wish I had better coping skills!

Mr. is taking L to the motorcycle shop just to entertain.

No comments: