Monday, April 03, 2006

Moving


And so I find myself wistfully wishing I could be in a quiet tiny new place where everything was clean and quiet.
I'm calling it our North Home.
I keep thinking of how to decorate, but I know I want it to be pleasing to Mr. At first, I was thinking I'd go with my whimsy, but on second thought, I think I want it to feel like home to him. I will keep his tastes in mind. So it won't be wild or alternative (yeah right, like I would even think of such decorations!), but it will be same old same old. Since I am taking a bunch of my own furniture, of COURSE it will be same old! But I happen to like the furniture in this house here.

But I have so many little things to take. I have a little saki set from Japan epcot/disneyworld, a little wooden elephant from India with a carved elephant within it, Cinderella mugs, a stuffed panda from China, a hanging red thing from China, the lecture brain he gave me for Christmas (love that!), the creme colored marble box that says, "DA MI BASIZ MILLE" (Give me a thousand kisses ....in latin), my rosy blown glass decanter with water glasses to match, my depression era candy bowl (my cat kicked the lid off the bath ledge and broke it). Most of the stuff from London is Mister's. I don't have anything from Ireland! Mr is going to Brazil.

I have to call Laura today. She is doing really good, we think. She is upbeat sometimes now. She doesn't seem so morose and she is doing things with friends in a better sort of way. She is driving all around Texas, though, which costs a fortune, but big Daddy gave her a certain amount in her account and she will have to manage it. I'm sure she'll run out of money and beginning moaning for more and he'll cave. But I am glad he is so generous.

I got my Poster presentation done thanks to my son!!! And I got my website deployed thanks to my husband! HOORAY! And tomorrow I go to a friends house and videotape and observe four of her children commented on ambiguous pictures to tell what they are doing and also some math problems which I will create today. I am actually going to graduate soon. Only this one month of April and I am DONE!
I consolidated my federal stafford loans today. I've got to do the FAFSA. I can get loans without a co-signer for graduate school. Imagine that! But I don't think I will need any. Since they will be paying me and I have no tuition costs, we are certain that we can pay my living expenses from my stipend plus some from Mr. It should be fine.

Laura will be setting up house, but she will have a furnished apartment. There are still so many things she'll need! I am amazed as I keep thinking of things......blowdryer, vacuum, toaster, iron, mixer, and more. Flatware and plates! Cups and pots and pans. Yikes.
However, I remember when I first got married and we had practically NOTHING for a long time. So I know you do not need much at all. Way less than you think. But I don't really want to go back to that, either.

God will make a way. I am full of faith and hope for this new adventure. It will be so hard, but it will be full of good learning and new experiences. I am excited.
The good thing is that all the children will be home this summer. We can do family stuff together even though they are so big! We did so many things as a family after Brandon died....we were just staying together all the time. It was nice. So I look forward to summer. It is nice when we are all around at the table. Laura usually keeps up an interesting banter and entertains us all. She is a big talker. When she isn't there, it falls on me! But Kevin often talks too. He can really get going.

Turns out Mr's sister from Mississippi had his mom call Mr to ask for Laura's cell phone number. Laura called to see if she could visit N, but she got no return call. She was asking to come on April 1 and 2. Interesting that she gets a return call AFTER april 1 and 2, but still, it is a good thing. Because Mr's mom said that Laura and S could come visit MAYBE.
We'll see.
They'd be good role models for N. They are good girls and settled and not into alcohol and drugs. Of course, S is pretty down there on the grades, but she is a good child with a good head on her shoulders. My grades were low when I was young and I have succeeded--she will too. She is smart.

I'll try to wake Laura.

No comments: