Thursday, April 06, 2006

Thursday Evening


He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.
Friedrich Nietzsche
(from Brainyquotes about LIFE)

It's 11:30 and my hubby still works on my website. I cannot make it go faster.

I am so happy to be going to school where I was accepted. It is fantastic in my mind.

I told Laura she can take her friends up there next summer and enjoy the place while I am at home here. I have to be where the sunny Texas sun shines. The trees are so green. It was 94 degrees today. The sky is so blue. The sun shines so bright. I really enjoy it.

My pool looks beautiful outside with the trees budding and the grass growing long. I am inviting some friends over next week to swim...letting them bring their little children to enjoy the clear blue water. I'll sit in the shade and listen to the birds sing. Oh they are singing so loudly lately! Had I just not noticed? It seems that when I went North, I noticed how barren everything is there because all has gone dormant but the evergreens. Yet here it all blossoms and sings.

Then the storm came tonight and the lightning flashed across the sky and the rain came down in those huge Texas drops. It looked like the monsoon in Cochin (Kerala, India), but it is just a Texas downpour. I could barely see to drive and had to go very slow even on my familiar neighborhood wide road. It all runs off so quickly, though. Tomorrow there will be new bluebonnets everywhere and another round of wildflowers popping up. It is so nice to enjoy them on a boring drive through the city during rush hour---there are little pockets of beauty and joy springing up everywhere. I have really enjoyed that about Texas. And the mowers leave it alone until the grass grows up so high it threatens a brushfire ---and then they mow. But they wait until the last minute because we all enjoy the flowers so much, it is a pleasure to behold.

So I know I will fly home far more than I anticipated. I do not care that I get motion sick and take dramamine. I will do it. It is only a three hour direct flight. I can do it.

I can watch for American Airlines to advertise specials and get a ticket for 199. Quite worth the price of coming home.

Today we got the first camera in from Best Buy so we can set up a direct link and visit over the web. We're getting two at this house, two at that house, and one at Laura's apartment. That will be so nice. It will give me a great deal of comfort. Ha! I can even lecture my younguns. (they won't like that, though).

No comments: