Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Much Better old photo


Now I like this photo. The highlights are back in and the photo is turned, so my crookedy eyes seem aligned. My nose is less prominent.

I still like my long hair much better, but I am glad I went for a short hair season just so I could be sure. I dread the days when the hair has to go. I know that some older women do not look good in long hair, but I am only 40, so I think I can wear it for a while yet.

Now I wish THIS was the photo a google search would offer.
I think I am about 10+ pounds more than when this was taken. My blood pressure meds just slow my metabolism. I've gotten off those, finally, and my blood pressure is still normal---so far so good. If I could loose weight before I need to go back on them, that would be optimal.

On another note---less self obsession----Mr has landed in Dublin. He was supposed to get there in time for Tuesday morning meetings, but the flight from Chicago had mechanical problems and was delayed. He was stuck in our airport waiting for that flight to arrive so they could get to Chicago on it. Then they missed their Dublin flight and had to go to Gatwick? ---one of the London ones, I can't remember which one now---but then on to Dublin. So he left our house about 1 pm yesterday and he just arrived in Dublin (it is around noon). So it took him nearly 24 hours to make an 11 or 12 hour flight. YUK!!! I wish I had gone with him, though. I like Dublin. I like the downtown shopping and I wanted to go to Trinity there, among other things. They have a really pleasant park downtown and I did not have enough time to explore.

I'll be going to Brazil, but I don't know exactly where, so I cannot begin looking it up. I hate that.

I'll be going to Houston weekend after next to go to S's vball. AND I get to go to Bodyworld!! Hooray! My mom doesn't want to go. She said, why do I want to look at a bunch of bodies? I saw that in anatomy! Well, it is not just bodies......They are very INTERESTING bodies. You can see inside! I guess she's seen enough insides. I think it will be good. I've not gone to medical school. I didn't get to SEE real organs. Cool.
And I hope we make it to the Galleria, but that is not important. Now that I've shopped in China, it is terrible seeing the price of a nice purse here.
I've GOT to get to China for a purse run! This time I know some pointers.......
Check all zippers, clasps, etc. Make sure all parts are THERE.
Only buy the ones that I LIKE! Because if I give them away, I am only left with ones I thought someone else would like---but they didn't. If I only buy what I really like, then EVERYONE will love them!! I've given away all the good ones and just have a couple of so-so ones left. I only want to give nice ones as gifts.---and that is what I did.

Working on my LAST PAPER! I ran my stats, after major headaches with the stats software! and then had trouble printing it, but K came to the rescue, as usual.
I am SO EXCITED to be finished! I cannot believe it! All I have to do is write this ONE BIG RESEARCH PAPER! I think my stats did not come out significant, so I don't really have anything to report, which for once, I am glad, because this particular professor will not require the detailed analysis that my other one did. I STILL have to re-do that paper for her (which we agreed to postpone until I graduated since Brandon died and that complicated my brain workings).

I go to take S to get a mole removed on her back today. That is not going to be too fun.

I planned to go to Best buy today and get a stereo, but I didn't make it there yet. Kevin is expecting me. I'll need a stereo up north and I want one now. My old one here that we have piped through the whole house---well, it keeps skipping all my CDs. I don't know where you take things to repair these days. Don't they still do electronics repair somewhere? Seems these days they want you to buy new ones. sad.

OH! i better work..

No comments: