Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Migraine


Okay, kind of a wasted day. Migraine started yesterday and got serious around 6pm. Bothered me all night long and still rough all day today. It's 5pm, so I've made it through 24 hours. They don't usually last more than 3 days.

I was going to have my friend bring her 7 children over to go swimming. The pool ended up having leaves and junk from the wind. We get our pool cleaned on a Thursday, but S has this Friday off, so I am planning to try again NEXT Friday.

The only thing I can manage is some computer time. I can't read, can't watch TV (don't want to anyway), can't exercise or run errands. Managed to do a load of laundry, but chores seem to difficult as well. What a waste of life! I always have papers that need writing.....but maybe later.

Have enjoyed using a design link on www.starfurniture.com and placing objects in rooms approximately the size of our future apartment. I have done a lot of shopping on the web. I like some things at www.worldmarket.com www.bombayfurniture.com www.orientalfurniture.com

I find it interesting that I am really drawn to furniture that is similar to my childhood pieces. I hope to get a silk painting and an oriental chest. I want to get a wood screen, the shashi at world market.
I was going to get a very cheap table from Target, but I've found one at Star Furniture that is so pretty! Steve likes it too. It will take up a bunch of space, I can move my office to my bedroom.
It is hard to try to decide how to use such a little space. The main goal is schoolwork, so although I really like a round coffee table and although I have a chest that can double as a coffee table, I may try to find a rectangular coffee table with straight legs--one that will enable me to sit on the floor and do schoolwork on it with my legs underneath. I like to study that way sometimes. Also, I like to sit in my biege chairs and do work. I like to work at a big table with stuff stretched out everywhere. I'm trying to accomodate those study habits.

No comments: