Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Girls traveling today


My baby girls are off galavanting to see their estranged relatives.

I spent too long on Art.com just browsing pics and saving them in kitchen PC picture folder. So maybe I'll try to blog here more before I go.

I suppose I should not get on here if I do not really have anything to say!
I'm thinking of my friend traveling from Wisconsin to Arkansas in a 23 foot rental truck.
I'm praying for her sanity, strength, perserverence and safety. I'm so glad her daughter is making the trip with her. Her Dad went up there to help as well. So she's also got her son with her. One son is staying in Chicago and one son is staying in Wisconsin. One son will be staying with her. I cannot remember if he is in the 10th or 11th grade. He is 9mos younger than S. So he is about 16 and she is about to turn 17. (my baby!)

My friend Anita is coming and I cannot wait to see her and give her a big hug! We can go to my church service tomorrow night, then doc on thurs AM then my coffee friends, then my church membership class thurs night, then we can do something else on Friday morn. I'll have to think it up. I've got the guest room clean (thanks Mr.)

I am thinking I should get a red ruby slippers magnet for my fridge up there.
(There's no place like home, There's no place like home)---Elaine would like that one!

Reading Youth Aflame by Winkie Pratney.....sure is a good one!
and Lord, Give Me a Heart for You by Kay Arthur---a Bible Study on 2 Corinthians.
and of course, the Bible.


Had K make a yearbook page for S, would like to post it, but I'll send it by email to friends instead.

I pray that we live a life worthy of the Lord, please Him in every way, grow in the knowledge of God. I pray our love abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight so we can discern what is best and be pure and blameless. I am thankful that we can come before the throne boldly to receive mercy in our time of need. He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

I also ask for a higher paying job for my friend's husband (and their seven children). I pray that the family at camp be refreshed, renewed, and revived and are given special endurance for this season in their life and a blessing on their marriage, I pray that my mom friends are able to set aside time to read, mediate on the word and pray to the Lord and even to listen for Him. Center us and focus us Lord! I pray that my friend who wants to move to the Northwest would find things coming together and that they would be able to get their house in order and prepare for a move. I pray for employment there and smooth transitions.

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments: