Monday, August 07, 2006

Lord you are good and your mercy endureth forever


I was listening to the song by New Breed and Israel, "Lord you are good and your mercy endureth forever....people from every nation and tongue, from generation to generation--we worship you! Hallelujah, Hallelujah..we worship you, for you are good."
It's very uplifting and active.....I think it loses a bit of that energy in type---but it is there. God is good!

Today I have done a thousand things. My mother also, who has just put in for her retirement. My daughters, as they travel over 400 miles to see their cousinsister. My son is still in process for his apartment and said he was going to be studying--he's left to see his friend, though. He's going to make a yearbook page for me today for S's senior yearbook. I still haven't quite come up with something catchy to say in that---I have a couple of quotes and/or a couple of scriptures and then the usual "We love you, You will always be our baby but you've grown into a lovely woman" that sort of thing. I want it to be SPECIAL, but I am not poetic enough. I am at times, some kind of mood has to come over me and I'm not in it. That's okay. We tell her we love her daily. Told them today, hugged them big. God carries them. I'm aware of how fragile life is and I am thankful for them. I hope I will have a chance at reconciliation with N's family. Maybe sing Kumbaya?

I have packed a ton and there is more to go. It is hard to leave stuff---to pack HALF. I don't know what I'll need exactly, but I sure will NOT need all that I have. The Bible says that a man's life does not consist in the abundance of things----also that we should not store our treasure up here. So today I thought.....ok---no rental storage for me! ha! Reduces that decision, right!

I've been going back and forth on getting a storage, but I know what people do---they continue to spread out beyond the need---and I don't want to go there. I want to minimize my stuff, like my Dad. I think they make sure they NEED what they keep and are very choosey. I want to do that too. It is hard to let go of things sometimes though. I have a million photos. How to decide which ones I don't need? I decided I need them all. Time helps to sort through them. If you cannot remember who that is in the picture--then it is better to toss it. Sure, you may lose a relic, but you won't puzzle the next generation, either! I want to prepare stuff for my children to pass along.

Looking forward to my friend Anita coming from up North.

No comments: