Friday, August 18, 2006



Oh it has been a wonderful summer. I am winding down things and it is all coming together. Mom has retired. She got her party and her parting gift and she is at home waiting on the realitors to come assess her home.

I go up there next week and I'll get to see my friend Cindy! Woo Hoo! Happy birthday girl! and I just have way way too many friends having birthdays right now. Mom, Nell, Camilla, Christa, Norma, Cindy, Mr and S! then me, Amy, her children, Anita--her hubby too, yikes! What a ton!

This is always a busy time for my family, but since S wanted the car to go to school and I was supposed to meet B for lunch but she forgot---I have spent the day in prayer and on the internet looking at sites of prophets and such. People who move in the supernatural. What is really cool is that many of the people who were "cutting edge" in the early 90s are still out there....and many of them are connected! I just learned about Todd Bentley, but he is linked with Jill Austin. There is the Elijah list which had a bunch of people---such as Aslan's place which is linked with plumblineministries.com which I have been promoting recently. I only learned about them in 2000 when Norma took me to a conference. They are all connected with Bill Bright, Haglin, Paul Cain, Rick Joyner, Bill Goll.....just a bunch of familiar names. Even Beth Alves! ( that promted me to look up David Alsobrook who is still ministering).

Anita came talking about prayer rooms and her daughter who is involved in IHOP (international houses of prayer). I've been in prayer frequently and I am so thankful for the opportunity to draw near to God on a break. So many times during school I feel like I am just saying, Oh please God! Give me this or this! and I do not spend any time with Him (not quality time) and He is the Lord of the Universe! But this season of refreshing has been so good for my soul. I feel so revitalized, it will be hard to have it slip away as I get busy.

But I am not one of those do-it-all super women. no, I am sorta regular. God has empowered me to do all I am doing now.....and I am grateful. I know to stay focused. If He's called me to teach in the university, then this will succeed. If not, then I drop it. It is so exciting, though! I am determined to give it my all.

Mr has it in his official file that he desires an overseas assignment within 3 to 5 years---so I've got to be ready. Can you imagine? Teaching in the University in China? Woo Hoo! Actually, I could still teach English there....I have my BA, so they would let me. and so I am already prepared. But we'll see what God does. I am the one always thinking I am going to fail and laying on the floor crying thinking I cannot do it--it is too tortuous (or I am too lazy!) but then here I am all graduated Summa Cum Laude and wow, I sure enjoyed it.

It is funny how people do not expect me to be intelligent since I am so cheery flaky. But I just like to go with that side of my personality. Who wants to be a stick in the mud? (some people do!---they call themselves realists--ha!) Well, I live in reality too, and I live IN FAITH! and I just try to let things slide off of me (most of the time). And now I am working towards a goal. My goal was teaching english in china and perhaps doing Myers Briggs seminars (oh i love it), but now I am trying to teach psychology in the university---what I conceived of when I was 18, but didn't know the word "research". I knew I wanted to study and talk all day about psychology and people. Then in my early 20s, I longed longed longed to be a preacher or missionary. I told everyone about Jesus and how He came to earth to die for us and He came BACK TO LIFE! He is coming again! It was so exciting to me to know God and to feel Him and understand Him even just a little.

But I knew I would never be doing missions with my man. He was not even slightly interested. But that has changed somewhat. He is willing to support me anyway.

But the thing with ministry is this.....you cannot just decide to do some ministry.....it has to be in your life. and I have never been a successful evangelist! My whole natural family does not believe in Jesus Christ as the One True God who created the earth, the three in one. Actually, am not sure where my brother actually stands and my mother is really close.....but has no fruit of regeneration. (however, I stand firm that we cannot always know who is born again. God alone is in charge of who is one with Him.....we cannot judge with earthly wisdom).

So I have been very fruitful as an intercessor (seasons of fruitfulness) and as an evangelist to the heart of the believer (like the Haglins). In the church, I love to lead groups to a deeper call in Christ, to repent, to serve, to love, to forgive. These are tough things for many people! and many who call themselves Christians are not. Yet, they've come in among us and so we have the ability to call out to their hearts! This is my cry.

I want to see the captives set free.

In fact, I'd like to see all those healings and deliverances. I know I cannot manufacture those things but there have been some healings in my life through the laying on of my hands or through prayer. And Mr would like to see God move in this way. It really opens people's eyes to the power of God because it just shocks you out of your natural senses! And the receiver of the healing is always so grateful!

We did have a guy at our church come back from the dead. He died of a heart attack, they took him to the hospital. So all the church prayed and they put him in that cryto--whatever --they froze him. When they warmed him up, he was absolutely fine! He came to church and talked about it. He was pretty stunned. He was not a strong believer prior to that time.

it was hard, though, to see Brandon die. It was the first time I have NOT seen someone healed in that way. Our friend Tim died of cancer, but he really wasn't even praying for healing anymore. He was a very godly man. I really respected him. He really had the love for the saints. True compassion.

anyway, I pray the Lord release me into intercessory ministry up north. He knows I'll have plenty of time to pray. and I'm not getting a TV so there won't be that distraction. But I HAVE to have my computer---there's my real distraction!

But I thank Him for the summer of renewal. Now if I can just get to see four friends who have asked to get together before going. I've seen everyone else for the most part.

Mom comes next week.

No comments: