Monday, January 15, 2007

Ed and Anita Nenonen


My friends....I've known E since 1986!! That would be 20 years! He used to work delivering Pizzas at our pizza delivery restaurant--Pizza Express. At the time, he was so depressed wondering what God was doing having him deliver pizzas when he'd gotten his masters in divinity. But HEY! We're in the KINGDOM NOW!
and so all things work together. E remembers me in my pre-Jesus days (ouch!). A met me after I got saved when I visited their church in 1988. Long time ago, eh?
But I went to visit them since they are in the southern part of my school state. Since I will be returning to Texas, I felt it was imperative that I visit them. I had a glorious weekend of fellowship!
Saturday A took me to a youth basketball game where she gave her testimony. Their daughter B also went to a different one. I was like....wow, what a thing to do on a saturday morning. they get up to go give their testimonies! and to think that they do this at a secular event. It was an interesting phenomenon to me. Curious. Blessed!
Then we went to visit her friend J, who does flowers for weddings. I loved her of course! We ate at Tequilas (minus the tequila) and then went and looked at her wedding books full of flower arrangement ideas. OHHHHHH delightful.
Then we went and picked up daughter R and headed over to the bridal shop to look at bridesmaids gowns----OOOOOOOO! super fun.
then that night we (E, A, B, and me) to the Watermark Concert!!!! GOSH I WAS IN HEAVEN! First this boy they know, who is only 13 and goes to their church, opened with 2 worship songs, one was "I can only imagine" Amy Grant sings that, but it may be a regular song that lots of people sing, I heard someone else sing it too. Then he sang another common song and he sang the "Selah" version---I have their worship CD with the song--"You Lift Me Up" and I think some american idol singer sang it too. OH MAN, he was good. He's won some awards and was in nashville, maybe to do a recording? Lord bless him. I met his mom at church on Sunday. Reminded me of best buddy CT. (Love ya honey!)
Then there was a guy, John Cox, and it was good. Then Watermark. She was pregnant with number 3! Woo Hoo! Dead crowd, though, they would clap with a fury that said they loved it, but no one raised their hands or stood up. Every now and then someone would. I didn't stand but I had at least one hand in the air most of the time worshipping. I wanted to hold up a lighter at the end. B told me these days you use a cell phone----but I didn't bring mine, rats.
oh, i'm too tired to go on! must go to bed. tomorrow I'll tell more except that I talk to my advisor tomorrow to tell him I'm going home. I do have a replacement for his team, however, CS would love to work with him and is afraid he doesn't want her, but he will after I talk to him! :-)
God loves me and I love Him---what a bargain!

No comments: