Thursday, January 04, 2007

Father and Son by Zhang Xiaogang

The market for Chinese art is soaring, according to NYT.

I think I'm going to check out NPR.
(checked---boring)

I'm downloading a podcast from Joyce Meyers ministries.
I used to enjoy her when she was still sorta raw. She was from a rough background and she was so real. Now she's gotten a bit ....I don't know.....she's more of a regular churchy preacher in the limelight now. Sort of like artists or musicians that have such edgy artsy stuff and then when they become famous...well they just don't have that angst edge that really gave them their flavor.

But hey, I rejoice that joyce is free and I want to see where she's at now and I am thankful she is always speaking to the women to come up higher, don't be bogged down. She's definitely part feminist. Pro-female. More on her if I ever end up listening.

Met a girl --Jennifer Trowbridge who is going to email me about guitars for people with pudgy hands. She's a music graduate who was at the copy store, like me, buying graduate course materials. We struck up a conversation.
Actually, I started talking to her on accident--more out of reflex. We headed into the store at the same time, but I had been there talking to Laura and trying to get her off the phone so I could go stand in line without yelling in everyone's ears. She headed in ahead of me, I was upset about it, she noticed and let me go ahead, and I said, "I've been standing there trying to get off the phone with my daughter and four people have already gotten in front of me!" So then she said, "and I almost got a ticket so I had to go put in another quarter." so I wanted to say, "My daughter just got a speeding ticket --but that would be dumb. But I think she saw that I was ABOUT to talk, and so she said something else. and she kept up the conversation from there (so nice to see chatty people are still in the world--Brenda and Laura and Christa are all I have--well Debbie, hooray! and Allison if I would ever remember to call her).

okay, no joyce meyers. the darn thing is STILL loading and I have to get back to reading. Maybe I'll figure out when she's on the radio. I have to use distractions that are stimulating but don't require READING!

Blessings.

No comments: