Monday, January 01, 2007

Proud of these little guys

okay, so they aren't little.

Happy New Year!

what a nice way to begin!
My older two children have some quality friendships and my youngest is preparing to graduate and hopefully, she'll head off to Baylor U.

Baylor is 41st in colleges in the nation. I read a ranking of my university is 14th. So I say we are all about fours and ones (usually we are about threes and ones as in God is three in one, but okay we're talking education not religion)

K and M went to a wedding in Spring. how cute is that....."Spring" as a city name? I love it. Very romantic.
Mr is being very very good and we're getting along quite well. Poor guy. I berate him all day, it seems. He got used to going without my direction and well, I'm quite liberal with suggestions. I DO try to be tolerant and patient. horrors.

I went to M's New Year's Party today! Hooray for parties! I love em. I got mr to go with me. God rewarded him. The football game was on. My professor came and they chatted sports. Horrors.
but I chatted with a pregnant mom with two boys already and a third on the way. She's due Thursday or she'll be induced. Her sister came to stay with her since she usually delivers in her 38th week, but here she is at 40 weeks and the sister had to return to work.
Horrors.

Yet in spite of all these horrors, there is only an abundance of rejoicing!

and I am back at school with a will to win and a determination to succeed and a prayer that my attitude will make it through a week or more!
I am going to watch TV and try to make phone calls.
I am going to ignore myself when I misplace, drop, lose, can't find, forget dates, come in late, etc.
Mr blows those things off, I get even MORE uptight.......its not gonna happen.
I am going to speak Southern and enjoy myself.
I am going to love and encourage others and stop thinking of the impression I am making.
I am going to let myself end sentences with prepositions when I want to.
I will still make sure I am careful when emailing colleagues (we all know how quick to type i can be!)
I will pray every morning and every night MYSELF VERBALLY ( I often skip the morning prayer or let Mr pray for us in the evening and count it as my prayer too)

Notice there isn't anything about health in there. No exercising or dieting---however, I will be flossing and rinsing with listerine. I will love myself fat and see if that helps. The most important thing is stress relief and so I don't want to get so uptight about what I eat and if I'm exercising.

and I'm really so happy right now.

and I bought some art at the Armadillo bazaar and I'm so happy with it. I have some art on art.com in the cart along with a couple of books at Amazon and a trip home on expedia. I hope to buy all of that later.

I missed seeing two friends and I plan to try to see them sometime later.

But I loved the parties of the season! It made me feel GREAT! and normal. and happy. and loved.

so I'm trying to plan my travel for the year. and I'm rejoicing in all the GREAT things that have happened in my family!
We had such a rough time last Valentine's but oh how far we've all come. How hard we've all worked and how thoroughly we have loved.

Blessings to all.....

No comments: