Friday, June 11, 2010

here I am

it is so good to be online. i have had such a week. I went to the hospital. they gave me gloves to help deliver babies. I said I will observe. i stayed with two mamas (that's what we call them) and they had their babies with me with them. I saw three dead babies wrapped in a room. During the same time, Steve went to see a man to pray for him, but they were trying to make him breathe--then he died. Steve and Sarah were right there. Another friend of Titus' was in his home and masked men came in. They hit him on the head. they broke his fingers. they slashed him with a machete. they pulled out his teeth. his 8 year old grandson was watching. his wife was stripped, but they did not rape her (praise God.) He is such a good man. they took what was in his cabinets and fridge. terrible men.
I have seen the orphans. several. it is sad. I am eager to raise support for them. two of them have a mother but are in such terrible situations. One girl is so smart, she has such promise. i have a little video of her telling a poem. oh she is good. Gladys. Always my favorite. I have known her since I first came. I have always seen her in the exact same dress and she is always worshipping and singing. smart girl. she is 9 or 10, I forget.

oh I have so much to say.
we are working on the hospital.
we have worked with the government. we have such good computer students. we found land for the consulting practice. it is called Joyland. How about that? I like it.

I am learning a lot of swahilli and a little luhya.
i am going to go to the masai this month.
anita leaves in the morning.
I am speaking at a funeral. I have a speech in swahilli and luyha to give. It was an old man. the one who died that sarah and steve saw. he was a good man named Elijah. He was 70_

I go to the churches and preach and pray for people. God has really blessed us and the people are so encouraged and give good testimonies of how it is strengthening them. I had a terrible migraine the day steve left. all day I suffered. still I took Ibuprofen and went out to the churches on the bumpy roads in the heat. then on the way home, Medine laid hands on me----IT LEFT! MIRACLE! oh how I wish I had made her lay hands on me sooner. I asked her to pray but did not make sure she came over and did it. I went to bed and slept soundly and woke refreshed.

so much to say. i will wait and do more. Medine leaves next week. I have 30 days before sTeve comes. Each day I do TGD work and church work. Oh it is such a blessing! we are helping so many. Dreams come true. I love this work. I am just at peace.

I love you all! God bless you! thank you for your prayers! many are touched here and they thank you.

No comments: