Sunday, June 13, 2010

okay, it is still Sunday but I wanted the post I just wrote to make it onto the blog. I wrote a blog the other day and it did not go on! I lost the connection. now that is frustrating.
They have a shower here, but I prefer to wash in two buckets in my room. I gathered some water the other day in the bathroom and it had two small little funky worms in it. Not the kind you would ever notice if they got in your hair. now that is scary! i only cook in bottled water and only drink bottled. OH my goodness, thank you for praying! My stomach has been blessed! I am not experiencing any trials with my stomach at all. PLEASE KEEP IT UP! THANK YOU ESPECIALLY TO CHRISTA AND DONNA WHO ARE COVERING ME DAILY!!! I am so appreciate of all of you praying.
Yes, Susan, I did find you single mothers! I think I have three orphans who actually have a mother, but are in dire straits and were considered for care. The moms don't speak english. i have the orphans staying with the widows that Kevin and Laura are caring for. we were able to go to the market and get them dresses. We could buy 10 dresses for about thirteen dollars. they are used but good.
I really think purses would be something we could give as a gift here. I am eager to see how it goes for the bra. Anita gave a bra to one woman friend of ours who was so grateful as she has worn the same one for 7 years! however, i see many women going without a bra in the morning. maybe they don't like them? Medine was saying she'd love to go without one if she could!
As for the orphans, we are definitely going to try to support them all in one place. You cannot imagine how hard it is to go visit this one and then that one! it is a terrible administration problem and they are not with families they want to stay with.
There are 19, I think, and i must say I cannot imagine feeding them daily or sending them all to school. But God can--and you can help. I pray we will have some who will catch the vision of caring for orphans---not just some child on compassion who is in a community that is getting care--but a real individual who can be directly impacted. they will live here in a home I will build. It will be a home that westerners can visit. it will have air conditioning in one part where a guest would come and where I will stay whenever I am here.
We saw a boy badly burned. We got him some antibiotic ointment from medine and some burn gel i brought. I bought a few bibles and I'm giving one to a new assistant pastor, Zadok, who I've known for some time. He has a bible, but I feel sure he will need to give it to someone because he is an evangelist. I am giving a bible to a woman who asked for prayer because her husband will not let her continue taking classes at TGD. Even though she was doing excellent, he wanted her to quit. tuition is FREE but he considered travel costs. i pray he looks harder at the investment in the future. but I am praying for her and will give her a bible.
I am also suggesting that they buy bibles for members to purchase. It is a supply problem. we have so many asking us for Bibles. Sure we could just try to supply everyone, but many would be able to purchase one, but they are not in the market. Even Titus goes all the way to Kisumu to buy Bibles. So if he adds the cost of gas (3500 Kenyan shillings, like 50 dollars) into each of the Bibles, then he could even add another 200 shillings as a fundraiser for the bus project. Then for the poor, just keep off the extra shillings. just a thought.

No comments: