Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday June 20

I have blogged on my computer but i had to get on Titus' computer because my CDMA card won't pick up a signal. FRUSTRATING. okay. i'm hot. really hot. it is so hot here! i was really thinking that i cannot take it anymore. Medine prayed for me on the day she was leaving. OH God is good. The days have been cooler! and she told me to make time to rest. so I listened. I would not go to all the places I was requested on Thursday and made it back early. I was still caring for Gladys, though. Have i mentioned Gladys? She's staying with me for treatment because she sleeps in the dirt and has a nearly septic infection. But due to three surgical treatments and continually cleaning with Betadine, her condition has improved significantly. If you could hear her screaming when they lanced her wounds. It was terrifying. I will be able to tell you more about it at home.
Today we got the bikes given out with photos and video. Thank you to those donors! One man was 26 kilometers from his destination. OH MY! Now he can ride a bike. What a difference that will make!
The building is slow. We need more money. The container is coming and it is not prepared to hold all the precious equipment. Please pray-Please give. God is going to do miraculous things here and you want to be a part of it! I know it is my joy! Ni Furaha Yangu (it is my joy!)
I have learned so much swahili. I can hear a word i know every time someone speaks swahili. Luhya? going quite slow. It is a hard language with a lot of rolling and very fast talking. I can barely remember the words even if I learn them.
I preached today on "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." You show your heart by your words. One thing I did not say is that sometimes I just show how foolish I can be since I am loose with my talking! But I pray my heart is focused on the Lord so that only good things come out. It is easy enough to focus on Jesus all day here. Everyone talks Jesus all day long. OH I love it!
but the food and the heat are difficult. I miss Steve. I miss the children. I miss my puppies. I actually miss the a/c. Remind me of this when I complain about how cold it is in the a/c.

I should post so I don't lose this.

No comments: